*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077834-Stand-Tall
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #2077834
A poem that I had to get out of my head lol
Every great plan and great intentions, leads to sorrow like a very cruel invention, life with all its ups and downs,knowing that faded smiles is a start of a shinning frown, in not perfection and all bad, to many I'm the best they ever had, I was there in the beginning and you bet I will bet there in the end, for if you form a love for me for many this is where addiction begins.... But to become an addict your fate is not always sealed, even the deepest inner scars can sometimes be healed, many turn to me to push their pain away, but I will hide all your fears and save it for another day, I will always turn to you for love on your loneliest day, because for many addiction remains this way, I addiction will keep your ambitions Small, but its my loves that escaped that have remained tall, because your an addict does not make you less of a woman or man, because I have seen the worst of addicts rise up and become the best they ever can... Many have asked why I write these poems and I always turn and say, don't judge a person's struggle because if it wasn't for recovering addicts you wouldn't be reading this today... Keep being you! All of you! The world would not be the same without you. Nobody else can play our parts...
© Copyright 2016 R.B.Snyder (ferbi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2077834-Stand-Tall