*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2078842-Showdown
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2078842
A billionaire tries to possess an old house from a witch who wants to stay. 496 word count
Selci Crane looked out her window in her cozy house and surveyed the mountains of dirt piling up from the noisy machines and men.

"It's not about the money Mr Frump, the house has been in my family for generations. This house is sitting right on top of an Indian burial ground."

"Miss Crane I'm trying to improve this city by putting a high-class casino here but I need parking space and you're in the way."

"Do you know that I'm a witch Mr Frump?"

"I certainly do, but I am a billionaire Miss Crane, I get what I want."

"He's not only kicking me out of my own home," she thought, "but he insulted and threatened me too, this is highly unacceptable!"

For the rest of the night, Selci intently studied her spell books.

The next day she threw incantations upon the machines and men that were working to destroy her loving home. She sent gremlins into the huge earth movers to break them down, created fogs to make blisters and make skin itch and made them hover over the men as they plowed down her beautiful view of trees.

There was nothing she could do, all that she tried failed. The gremlins all came back sick, the fogs made the men happier and worked harder. The billionaire's witches were very good at protecting their boss. Every time she looked out the window the walls of dirt came closer. Selci was weary and had just about given up hope.

Frustrated she plopped her last spell book open and stumbled across a spell. It was a very old spell but used with a little imagination could be very effective. There was one ingredient that she had to have though. She adjusted her glasses and started scouring the floor until she found her prize, a single strand of hair belonging to Mr. Frump.

The next morning the doorbell rang. Selci opened the door with a cup of coffee in hand, it was quite a group. Mr. Frump stood tall and confident with six men wearing three-piece suits, glasses and briefcases in hand all lined up behind the billionaire.

I have no choice but to tell you that I'm going to take your house by legal measures. Within two weeks this land is mine by eminent domain.

Selci's voice suddenly became stern and loud, "Mr. Frump may the bedbugs of a thousand of your hotels invade your armpits."

Mr. Frump gave a confused look to Miss Crane and abruptly turned around and left.

One month later Selci sat on her brand new deck sipping a margarita and watching her beautiful garden. Her majestic twenty foot stone walls were very decorative and the runes on them kept all the irritating sounds of the city away from her house not to mention not having to look at that gaudy casino.

Yes, Mr Frump turned out to be a very nice man indeed, she thought. I'll have to thank him again.
© Copyright 2016 Dave2write (dave2write at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2078842-Showdown