*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2079322-Legend-of-a-Raptor
by Jawhar
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2079322
The dream of an outcast turns into a strong reality
GAYDEN flew high above the mountains and sat at the peak of the highest mountain. And thought why he’d been given this power by the Air master. He was always fascinated by the senior Raptors at the Eyries which were based high up in the mountains. Only the seniors were allowed to defend the Eyries and fight against the Tyrants, whose attitude and actions lived up to their name.

At that time, Gayden was an outcast who couldn’t enroll in the Eyries, which was his greatest dream of all. To watch the seniors practicing was the greatest pleasure of all to him. He would always climb up the mountains each day to watch the seniors practicing. Amazed by his enthusiasm, Reyvos, the Head of Air Masters admitted Gayden to the Eyries without the acknowledgment of the public. In the same year, the Tyrants defeated the seniors and destroyed the Eyries and killed all the Air Masters including the Head. Gayden was deeply struck by this. But to his salvation came another man who survived the attack, Leviot, the trustworthy assistant of Reyvos, the second best Air Master of the Eyries.

Gayden, the sole Raptor trained harder for the following years under Leviot. Leviot told him ‘the prophesy’ that Reyvos had passed on to him, that the Tyrants would attack the Eyries and kill everyone except one master and Raptor and that, Tyrants would come and attack the world again. The sole survivors were Gayden and Leviot. Gayden trained intensely and became the most powerful Raptor in the world.

And now here he is watching over the world after defeating the Tyrants all by himself. Leviot passed away during the second wave of the Tyrant attack leaving Gayden to fulfill the Head’s prophesy.

“Dreams strong enough can conquer higher” thought Gayden.

(300 words)
© Copyright 2016 Jawhar (jawhar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2079322-Legend-of-a-Raptor