*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2081611-Plans
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2081611
Three Minute Read
Plans

Julia picked a pin off her cart pinning Daymond-North. She was pretty sure that was the ‘Day-Bar.’ She backed up and looked at the chart covering part of her closet wall where Jeremy would never see it. Frankly she was impressed at how many pins there were in just two months. When did the man work! She had a pin in every place her hired detective had reported seeing Jeremy with another woman. A different color for each woman, three regulars… and pink for the women as yet unknown.

The regulars had proved to be professionals, Julia didn’t care. Her mother had told her to choose between a faithful husband and money. Julia didn’t believe that, unfortunately, falling in love with Jeremy, likely because he reminded her of her wonderful, beloved, rotten cheating, father. Jeremy turned out to be his clone. It was a tough finding out, but in the end she chose the money.

It was the pink pin she worried about. He had been seeing her more lately, and very discreetly. Julia needed to be proactive, getting the proof and filing for the divorce soon.

A shadow fell on the board and Julia jumped in fear, but it was just Remmy.

“Don’t sneak up on me!” she chided.

Remmy was their hired hand, also her friend, her love, her life! Unfortunately, poor. Julia was fixing this problem. She was almost ready to file and after it was settled, she and Remmy could be together forever, and rich. She fell into his arms.

The red light blinked in the corner of the closet. Jeremy had told her it was a burglar alarm, it wasn’t. Jeremy walked into the Daymond-North Law Offices with the tapes he’d already collected. Jane, the pink headed pin, was waiting in her apartment with champagne.
© Copyright 2016 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2081611-Plans