*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2083379-Gods-Game-Intro-Arc-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2083379
In this chapter, Connor hears a voice that introduces him to events that will unfold.
"Wh-what the hell's happening? The Bolt Katana? I-it's real?" Connor thought.
Suddenly, a voice rang out in his head.
"Of course it's real, Connor. Just like I'm real too."
"Wh-who are you?" Connor demanded.
"Don't worry. I'm just here to deliver you to the Dii Consentes where all of the others are waiting for you. Jupiter has been growing quite impatient. He and the other gods have been waiting for your arrival a few minutes ago,"the voice replied.
"Gods? Others? What the hell is going on here?"
"I'm sorry. It seems I didn't make things clear. You have been selected to take part in a competition like any other. You and eleven other individuals have each been chosen by a god to represent them in their special search. You've been chosen by the king of the gods himself. You should feel honored, kid. Anyways, you're about to take part in a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. A survival game in which twelve individuals use all of their strength, skills, and special weapon to kill their opponents before they can kill them. Your Bolt Katana is the weapon you will use for the competition- granted you live long."
"A survival game? That's insane. Why would Jupiter pick me?"
"Beats me, kid. I'm just here to deliver you to the dream world. That's where the meeting will take place to hear the rules and conditions of the game."
Connor felt his eyes grow as heavy as sandbags and the voice faded from his mind.
"Wait! Who are you?" Connor called out.
"Oh, I'm Somnus, the god of sleep. You can call upon me anytime you want, kid. I'll take you to the Dii Consentes to talk to Jupiter whenever you need."
Suddenly, Connor's vision completely faded, as if his sight were a television being turned off. His body went limp and he collapsed onto the floor in a crumpled heap.
© Copyright 2016 thebombofalltimes (doffyfan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2083379-Gods-Game-Intro-Arc-Chapter-2