*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2088317-Dont-shelter-me
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2088317
Dialogue Contest #941862
“Damn it, Janet. We agreed we would investigate the world outside, together.”

“That was ten months ago. I like it here. I‘m staying.”

“You don’t need to be afraid. I’ll be with you.”

“I am not going out there. Zombies are out there. You’ve heard the noises coming from the trapdoor. We have food and water for another six months.”

“Baby, zombies don’t exist. They only exist in the movies.”

“What in the hell was wrong with you? We had a million movies to choose from and you only grab the horror and science fiction.”

“I thought it was funny.”

“Ha! You wanted to torture me. You knew I would never watch those movies with you.”

“I thought you liked my torture.”

“Jake, I liked your sexual torture.”

“Honey, it is time we get out of here. It has been quiet for over a month. Don’t you miss fresh air?”

“I like the air in here. Who knows what you find on the other side of that door.”

“Don’t you miss donuts?”

“Do you expect Dunkin Donuts to be open now?”

“Don’t you miss wifi?”

“Jake, a bomb exploded. The world will be dark. Everything we knew is gone. Our home, our bed, and toilets are gone.”

“Toilets?”

“Tell me you have not once thought about sitting on a toilet instead of a bucket when you had to take a crap.”

“Huh.”

“Sorry, I am raining on your parade, but the things we loved are no more. We may not like life anymore.”

“I need an adventure. I need more.”

“More than me?”

“Janet, you know what I mean.”

“Go on an adventure Jake. Take the trash with you. I am staying here on this couch and will watch this dracula movie until you come back.”

“Okay. I will go.”

“Suit up big man. That air will kill you.”

“Good grief.”

“What’s wrong, the suit too small?”

“No. I don’t even think you will even miss me.”

“Hey, you are the one going on an adventure. I am home. This is my new reality.”

“And, if I don’t return? What if I go out there and find no bomb had ever exploded? I may just leave you down here in this bunker.”

“Why would you do that?”

“To teach you a less -- Owwwww, you are hurting my arm!”

“Good, I just gave you an adventure, now sit back down and relax with me.”

“Aren’t you curious?”

“Not at all.”

“I am dying to find out if this had been one big hoax.”

“I think that is the one thing I am afraid of. Finding out we wasted ten months of our life in a bomb shelter for no reason.”

“I enjoyed my time with you. I don’t think we wasted our life when I only want to be with you..”

“Damn it. Give me a suit.”

“Yes! You feel our love too!”

“No. There is a snake near your feet. I am getting the hell out of this hell hole.”

Word Count: 500
© Copyright 2016 Candace (jstcandace at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2088317-Dont-shelter-me