*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2091989-Skys-Angel
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Fantasy · #2091989
This was inspired by a cloud I saw coming home from work.
The bus ride was rather boring and tiresome after such a long day at work, Sky sat on the seat with her head wobbling in rhythm with the bus' movement. She was awfully bored and mostly wanting to get home. She looked at the people who were getting on the bus, they all had the same bored and tired expression on their faces, until she felt it, a pull, a call. She could hear a light voice in her head, very softly "Sky", it whispered over and over in her head. She looked out of the window and that's when she saw it, an angel's wing shaped cloud, as white as ivory and coming out from a mound of dark grey stormy clouds. It made her shiver and for some reason she kept her eyes on it, she noticed the silver lining on the grey clouds and was surprised to see the white cloud had more of a prismatic lining, like a rainbow.
She sat up straight, she could still here the whisper though she wasn't sure where it came from, she looked around but her eyes always came back to that white cloud. She thought she saw it move, but it obviously had to be the wind shifting it's shape, though the shape seemed not to change, just shimmer in tiny spasms. Sky couldn't really understand it but she knew it wasn't something natural. The bus was reaching the seafront, it was long before her stop but she got off anyway, she could see the stormy skies trying to drag the white one onto the sea, away from the land and her. She noticed a dot of light among the dark clouds, it seemed to blink and then fix on her. What was it? The sun was setting on the opposite side and all she could guess was a star, but those don't blink.
Then it moved, like a nod "Yes Sky, look at me, see me, believe in me, help me... save me, please Sky!" She heard this voice clearly inside her head and understood it came from the cloud, was this her own mind playing tricks on her? Was she loosing her mind due to stress? She thought of booking an appointment at the Surgery to see a doctor, and then it happened, se saw something very much like a hand/shaped cloud stretching towards her. She was all alone on the Sea Front, strangely Thorpe Bay was empty, probably because of the storm front that seemed to be hanging over the entire area.
The hand touched her, it felt like a warm feather barely grazing her skin "Sky, believe in me, you don't need a doctor, you need your heart...Sky...save me please!!", without any thought Sky stretched out her hand and whispered "I believe in you"... the wing shimmered a bit more, the hand seemed to try to hold her "I believe in Angels" said Sky in a louder voice, "I believe in my Guardian Angel"...
She shook her head unsure why she'd said those things, but they were true, she did believe in Angels and she'd always believed each of us had their own Guardian Angel. She had perfumes scented to represent the energy of them, Uriel was her favourite and she liked to believe he was her own, she even talked to him. "I believe" she said one more time, but louder. She saw the storm cloud get paler and she could make a human figure with wings among the grey, it looked silvery and bright.
Little by little the stormy cloud vanished and she saw the figure get clearer, but it's light was so bright she could barely look at it. "Sky, go home, I'll meet you there in a little while, just walk safely, I won't be able to watch you for a few minutes" he said into her head. His voice was soothing, husky and masculine yet polite and delicate with a light ring as of crystal at the end of each word. It sounded almost musical.
She obeyed and turned to walk away, she could feel the warmth of the sun, even though it had almost completely set. She noticed people coming out of their houses and staring at her, walking quietly down the seafront, towards Warwick Road. She didn't look back, she just wanted to get home and see what happened, at the same time she questioned herself again: Was she going mad? Was that even real?
All of a sudden she felt someone grip her right arm, she turned with her left hand crunched into a fist of sorts, ready to defend herself, but the face she saw just took her breath away. It was a man, not too tall or too short, just a bit taller than her, with a slender body she could tell was fit without being buff. But his body wasn't the impressive things to see, it was his face, his adorable face. He had black curly hair, a scruffy stubble and that made her fingertips itch to scratch it gently, a perfectly size nose and the most expressive brown eyes she'd ever seen. His half-smile was so sweet and gently it was almost heart-braking, it seemed quite a shy smile, even though the man was grabbing her. She was so breathless but this appearance she literally fainted in his arms.
Sky came to a few minutes later, she was being cradled in his arms and he was sitting on one of the seafront benches. She sat up straight and moved off his lap "Who are you? Where are we? What do you want from me?" she blurted these questions so fast he chuckled. "Sky, if you calm down, I can answer all of your questions and then some" he said in a deliciously husky voice. It sounded a lot like the voice she had imagined a while earlier, the angel's voice. She shook her head at the idea. "Alright, I-m quiet" she said in a determined tone of voice.
"Good, my dear Sky. Who am I? I'm Uriel, your Guardian. Where? On a bench a couple of blocks away from your road and What I want..." He looked upwards as in thought "That's difficult to answer with you looking at me like that, you're very distracting" he said with a big smile on his face.
Sky was confused, Guardian? And how did she know which was her road? "What do you mean it's difficult to answer what you want from me? You had me sitting on your lap after I fainted in fear when you grabbed my arm!!" she said, trying to sound indignant.
The man laughed heartily "You obviously don't believe I'm your Guardian" he said in a low tone of voice. She pouted "What kind o Guardian? Last time I checked, both my parents are dead and I have never committed a crime to have to report to any kind o guardian.
Uriel chuckled again, this made Sky's skin prickle warmly, she wanted to hold on to this man, but she wasn't about to do any such thing. "I am Uriel, Sky, your Guardian Angel, you've talked to me at least every night ever since you were twelve years old" he replied almost whispering in her ear. Sky wanted to move away, but she couldn't, her body seemed to trust him.

© Copyright 2016 Sue_McG (sue__mc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2091989-Skys-Angel