*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2095434-A-note-to-my-other-half
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Emotional · #2095434
My truth, your truth, our truth
There’s nothing I can’t weather. No part of you I will judge, or can’t love.
Don’t underestimate what I feel. My initial reactions are volatile… when something unexpected happens, it takes a while for me to process it. I am confined to my human body in this existence and often for fleeting moments forget my true self.
But I will accept every bit of your soul, there is no darkness I can’t face. Nothing we can’t fight together.
If you think distance is the way to do it... I will accept that, grudgingly though, because I don’t need shelter or protection, I am ready for any fight, and challenge or temporary surrender.
I want to be where you fall… where you are comfortable shedding the outer layers. I want to be who you build with, who you lean on while trying to reach where you want to be. I want to be the reflection you look into and truly understand your beauty, and I want to be there when you find it and accept all that is you and embrace wholly the extreme beauty of who you are.
I am strong… its doesn’t mean I don’t crumble.. But I put myself together, and every time it’s better. There is nothing in your past, nothing in our present and our future that will ever make me love you less, nothing that will make me walk away.
Life is not black and white. The human experience is complex. I put no value in social norms.
Please understand you are home to me, that abstract concept I never believed existed.

© Copyright 2016 The_Empress (the_empress at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2095434-A-note-to-my-other-half