*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2096326-Chapter-Two
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #2096326
Prayer meeting of Hard Core Missions. Call to Action
~Chapter # To be Determined~


Prayer Meeting of Hard Core Missions …. Call to Action

Ricky Cane stood at the podium opening the evening’s prayer meeting for Hard Core Missions. As he beseeched the Lord for his presence, the sound of the sanctuary doors opening and closing cause him to open his eyes to see who had entered. One look on John Paul Nelson’s sun darkened face and he knew the news was bad.

“Pastor, I need to make an announcement,” John said by way of greeting. The ex-military (rank?) did not take the platform or use the podium. Rather, he simply stood between the two alters at the front.

“Brothers, Sisters, I’ve had word from our contact in China confirming the raid on Kwan Lee’s home two nights ago. It is confirmed that his wife and four children were executed on site. Two other brothers, Pastor Kwan and Kadie were taken into custody. One of the brothers is confirmed dead. No word on the others, but it is reasonable to assume they are being held for interrogation at a detention center.” He paused, letting the gravity of his words sink in before he continued.

“Brother Henderson, Lark, Swanson and I are headed to China tonight to meet with our Chinese contacts and go from there. We will keep in communication with Brother Cane as much as we will be able. We ask, for your continued support through stead-fast prayer. Pray for those held captive and for us as we work to gain their freedom.”

Those gathered for the prayer meeting began to pray. Some silently, some out loud, some knelt at the alters, some paced back and forth, some found a corner to sit in…each focused only on reaching the Thrown Room of God and making their petitions known before the King of Kings. In the foyer the elder Pastor Cane, his wife Nora and son Rick met John and Henderson as they headed out. The small group exchanged hugs, well wishes and blessings. Senior Cane silently slipped John a folded envelope as they shook hands.

The two men by silent communication headed to the black sedan behind the church. As they were getting in, Kyle Lark approached the vehicle and wordlessly took his seat in the back.

“Swanson needs us to swing by and pick him up at the auto shop. His kid didn’t show up for his shift again so he’s had to call around to find someone to step in.” No response was needed, the men were all focused on their own prayers and thinking of the mission that awaited them.

By the time they arrived at the air port, Nora Cane had already secured their passages. Once air born, Nelson took out his laptop and began working on a finding Intel about the work camp the prisoners were most likely to be taken. Nothing short of a prison break was going to save the captives. Their chances of getting out alive were slim to none, and time was not on their side. What they needed was a miracle.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

© Copyright 2016 Izycody (izycody at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2096326-Chapter-Two