*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2097163-Intimate-Release
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #2097163
Daily Flash 300 words including round bone and wave
Dale disrobed in a back room at Healing Touch Spa. Dim lights cast hues of tobacco brown and yellow over everything, covering up blemishes and emotions. An artificial floral odor attempted to cover up carnal smells. As he wrestled his wedding ring off his finger, a wave of guilt passed over him.

Dale prided himself in being a good guy. Not a saint by any means, but a family man, true to his word and true to Annie, his love. Yet here he was, about to use money that could have been a weekend trip, or a nice date night for a round or two of so called intimate release.

He could leave. But for what, to get another lecture on working late and ignoring his family's needs? Work had been grinding him to the bone, but that wasn't new. Something turned a few months ago. Annie became harsh as midwinter. She wouldn't communicate unless it was to berate or belittle. A few nights ago she took the kids to her parents, telling Dale that he was too toxic of an influence.

So here he stood, naked, just hoping for a minute or two he might feel life pumping through his body again. A soft knock on the door, and Dale's attendant stepped into the room.

"Annie!?" He stood for a moment, and then flipped the lights on to their brightest setting. Sure enough, behind rogued cheeks and slate colored eyelids, he found the face of his wife.

She smiled, then chuckled, then laughed until her eyes were wet. When she looked at Dale again, all her venom had disappeared and he wrapped her in his arms. She kissed him back, let her robe slip to the floor and Dale soon felt his tension dissolve with a very intimate release.
© Copyright 2016 competitivewriter (nateworrell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2097163-Intimate-Release