*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2097995-The-Hurricane
Rated: GC · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2097995
Taylor and Lina make the most of a hurricane. Paradise Cove 9/16 entry
Prompt: Let’s tackle a theme right out of the current news. Take your couple into a tense situation and show me how they handle romance during a violent storm such as a hurricane or tornado.

Taylor spent the past two days boarding up windows, stocking up on groceries and making sure everything outside was tied down before the latest Hurricane hit. He sat in his home office going over the preparedness list one more time, making little mental notes of the last minute things he wanted to take care of, like double checking the battery supply and securing the patio furniture. Getting up from the chair, he moved to the window and watched the wind pick up in intensity, blowing through the trees while the sky darkened at a rapid pace. By his calculations the worst of it would hit in the middle of the night, which was never a good thing, but as long as they stayed safe that would be good enough for him.

He went in search of Lina to make sure she had the flashlights and candles at the ready, and the coolers in the kitchen for when they inevitably lost power. He found her curled up in the corner of the couch, phone in hand, and her earphones plugged in. He often found her this way, listening to music, or dancing through the house as she cleaned, oblivious to anyone else around. He stood at the threshold between the kitchen and living room, leaning against the wall watching her. Never was there a sight more peaceful, or beautiful than his woman caught up in the music. Her head bobbed back and forth while she sang a soft melody, before she sprang up off the couch and started dancing.

Taylor chuckled watching the instant change in her, knowing it must be one of her fast paced dance songs that now played. Lina circled her hips around, before her feet carried her in a dizzying pace around the coffee table, the couch and chair. He’d witnessed this lively performance before, and every time he found himself in awe of her, envious of her ability to tune everything out but a song. Watching her it was obvious that she felt every beat of the drums, not to mention the lyrics that she belted out, mostly off key, but he found that endearing. He knew it was only a matter of time before she realized he was there, and once she did, she’d stop, and he wasn’t ready for that.

Gazing at her did things to him, made him happy, aroused and sent thoughts of making love to her filtering into his mind. Even with a storm brewing outside it didn’t deter the thoughts of taking her fast and hard, the way she liked it. Or even nice and slow, driving her over the edge repeatedly until her head spun and she begged him to find release with her. He loved that about her; the huskiness of her voice as she called his name, clinging to him on the verge of climax.


Lina spun around, saw him standing there and smiled. She continued to dance, her eyes locked on him, and every step she took brought her closer to where he stood. Just watching her approach had his heartbeat quickening. Lina spun around again, then backed up until her bottom was brushing across him with every sway of her hips. Fire raced through him, and his fingers itched to touch her. Taylor grabbed her hips and held her tight against his member, which only had Lina grinding against him in a more seductive way.

He pulled an earbud from her lobe and leaned down, putting light kisses on her cheek. “Did you get everything ready?”

“Flashlights, power pack, coolers, wood for the fireplace, long matches, cellphones charging, sleeping bags, blankets and pillows.”

“Good girl.”

“A bottle of wine,” Lina whispered.

Taylor laughed, pressing his face against hers. “Why Mrs. Allen, are you trying to seduce me?”

Her hands moved to his thighs, running up and down the sides of his legs. “Baby, by the feel of you, I doubt that’s necessary.”

A loud crash came from the backyard. “Here we go,” Taylor said, releasing her and heading to the sliding doors.

Taylor opened the door and stepped outside. The wind whipped his brown hair as he picked up the chairs that had fallen over. He’d meant to stack the six chairs and put them into the corner earlier, but watching his wife dance pushed that thought out of his mind. Lina was right behind him, bringing chairs to their usual place when the weather turned bad. The wind changed direction, spraying them both with rain, the torrential downpour beginning. Lina yelped and laughed, not seeming to mind, taking her sweet time to grab the last chair and bring it to him. Taylor shook his head, enjoying the sight of her wet shirt, clinging to her breasts as her hardened nipples were now on display through the thin cotton fabric, calling to him.

She handed him the chair and smiled. “Dance with me.”

“We need to get inside before this thing gets worse.” Lina stood in front of him, pressing her body into his. Damn, she never made saying no easy.

“What we need,” she said, going up on her toes and planting a firm kiss on his lips, “is to ride out this storm together in fashion.”

She grabbed his hand, tugging him to the lawn, the flow of rain pelting them and soaking right through their clothing. She took the dangling earbud and placed it in his ear, then wrapped her arms around him, holding Taylor close with her head on his chest. The slow sultry song played in his ear, rousing a smile, bringing a memory of the last time they danced to Through the Years on their anniversary to mind. Taylor shivered, not sure if it were from the chill of the wind and rain, or the thrill of his wife swaying in his arms. His hand slid up and down her spine, eager to get her inside and out of their wet clothes.

He reached for her hand and twirled her in a circle before pulling Lina back into his arms, right where he wanted her. Thunder boomed, sending a bolt of lightning crackling across the sky. “Time to go inside,” he said, dragging her along with him into the open patio door.

He closed it behind them, flipped the latch and turned to see Lina already placing logs into the fireplace. Taylor went to the linen closet and grabbed a couple towels, the chill in the air sinking into his bones. Returning to the living room, he tossed a towel on the couch, and used the other to soak up the water dripping from his hair and face. The clothing had to go too, and the sooner the better. He pulled the shirt over his head and tossed it onto the plush green carpet, before moving to Lina. With the damp towel, he began drying her hair just as the lights flickered off, on and then off again surrounding them in darkness.

Lina leaned back into him. “That feels nice.”

Taylor smiled. He dropped the towel and reached down to remove her soaked shirt, snaking it up over her head, feeling Lina shiver. “Cold?”

“A little. You start the fire, I’ll take care of the candles,” she suggested, moving around him.

He grabbed the box of long matches, a section of newspaper that sat on the tile and flicked the match over the striker. Once the fire was started, he got back to his feet and turned around. There she stood wearing nothing but a smile in the glow of the candlelight. Watching the flames dance around her made his shaft harden in an instant, the wet denim a complete hindrance now. Before he could move, Lina came to him. He always loved it when she made the initiative.

She stood before him, her hands gliding over his chest, moving lower to the button on the front of his jeans. His heart fluttered when her fingers skimmed over his skin delicate like a feather—like her. It always amazed him that she could be so fragile, yet strong when necessary and right now, the combination of both had him aching to drag her to the floor. Instead, he didn’t move and let her proceed as she wished—for now.

Lina tugged on the button, then released the zipper, yanking the pants down his legs. He watched her face when she grasped his underwear and pulled them down too, the hunger evident from the way she bit her bottom lip. He raised each foot, letting her remove the jeans the rest of the way and waited, wondering what her next move would be.

Her nails ran up his legs, gliding their way to his awaiting member. She got on her knees, reached for his length and in one quick move took him into her heated mouth. Taylor groaned from that swift move, his hands going straight to her hair needing to steady himself. Her teeth raked over the tip before her tongue slid up and down his length, while her freehand cupped his sack. Her nails teased him there, grazing over the tender skin while her mouth worked him toward the brink of the climax. They had all night, but he wasn’t ready to release until he’d gotten a taste of her.

“Lina,” he managed to whisper. She looked up at him, releasing his penis from her mouth, but her hand stroking him still. “My turn.”

Taylor kneeled, kissed her hard on the mouth laying her down on the carpet. His mouth made a hungry trail from her lips to her neck, down to her awaiting breast. He smiled as the nipple pebbled before he even touched it. He flicked his tongue over the bud, circling it before sucking it into his mouth eliciting a deep moan from Lina. He loved knowing he got to her, and let his tongue trail a lazy path down her salty stomach to her mound. He blew air there making her thrust her hips upward, almost begging for his mouth to toy and tease her, work her up into a heated a frenzy.

His fingers parted her lips before his mouth descended to her heat. He would take her up just to the brink, bring her down and then up and over the threshold right along with him, the way he wanted it. His tongue glided up and down her slit, delighting in the pants and gasps she made every time he neared clitoris. The musky taste of her drove him wild as he slipped two fingers inside her, surprised to find her wet and ready so quickly. With every thrust of his digits, she arched higher, reaching for climax. He needed to mate, to be one with her now before she went over the edge without him.

Taylor nudged her legs apart further, settling himself between her legs, his staff at her entrance. Her eyes opened and she looked at him, desire dancing like a wildfire in her brown eyes. That look turned him on and robbed him of breath. He inched inside her, the heat that encompassed him extracting a groan from him. Burying himself deep, he didn’t move, enjoying the feel of her wrapped around him. Lina’s hands moved to his back, holding him close, preventing him from pulling out knowing that’s exactly what he intended to do. Her legs wrapped around his waist, and she set the quick pace.

He laughed, knowing this little battle of taking things nice and slow would be lost this time, though not minding in the least. They had all night, and from the roar coming from outside, he doubted they would get much sleep.

His mouth captured hers in a staggering kiss, her tongue demanding, swirling around his as if she couldn’t get enough. The fevered kiss continued while their bodies thrust together in unison, the fast tempo seeming to match the storm outside. Their mating was hard and fast, pounding against one another making Taylor burn hotter. He tore his mouth from hers, driving deeper into her, ready to go right over the edge.

Lina’s moans began, her fingers digging into his back, holding on to him as climax wrapped around his member, catapulting him across the threshold with her. He grunted, one last plunge into her heat before he shuddered, letting go of all control.

Taylor collapsed down onto her, wrapping her in his arms, planting kisses all over her face. He listened to her breathing, the sound so sweet right after they made love. His mouth found the crook of her neck where he nibbled making her start to laugh.

“Oh so sensitive,” he mumbled.

Lina laughed and smacked him on his ass. “You know I can’t help that.”

Taylor smiled. “That’s just one of the things I love about you.”



Written for "Paradise Cove Writing Challenge-On Hold"   by Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk
Word Count: 2140
© Copyright 2016 Purple is House Florent (purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2097995-The-Hurricane