*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2099489-A-dinner-for-two
by GREKy
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2099489
George finally invites his love on a date

George hasn't felt so stressed in his entire life. That day was really important for him, because he had finally done it. He invited Holly, a woman he had always loved for a dinner.

15 years passed since they have seen each other for the last time, but George's feelings haven't changed a single bit. After she decided to move to another country, his mental health was in a terrible shape for a very long time. That's why he was so happy, when accidently they reunited a few weeks ago.

Trying not to mess anything up, George focused on finishing a perfect meal, which would be worthy to be eaten by Her. All what was left to do was a salad and those were his specialty.

First, he carefully washed some vegetables. Then he carefully sliced them into thin pieces and put into a bowl. Next he added some olive oil and lemon juice and mixed everything with a wooden spoon. Holly will love that, he thought proudly and swiftly left the kitchen taking the salad with him.

When George entered his dining room, his heart skipped a beat. He saw Holly there, smiling in his direction. He said that dinner was ready and sat down, constantly looking into her still beautiful hazel eyes. After a moment of silence George lowered his head and began to eat.

As soon as he finished half of the soup, he looked on Holly again and saw her sitting calmly and smiling, however she didn't eat anything from her plate so far. George ignored that.

After the dinner, he stood up and came closer to her. He couldn't stop himself and kissed Holly right in the lips. They were unnaturally cold and tasted like something that George wasn't able to describe, but still it was the happiest thing he experienced. Then he left the room telling her that he would be right back.

Once the door closed behind him, the room went nearly silent. Only some lonely fly was buzzing around the motionless body of a woman, which already began to rot.

© Copyright 2016 GREKy (greky at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2099489-A-dinner-for-two