*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2102256-The-Plan
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2102256
Flash Fiction
The Plan

“Great, then you’ll help me with my project!” George said excitedly to his father.

“Yes I will. So, what’s your plan?”

“I’ve got a lot of stuff already, I’ll get all of it and we can start, and see where it goes.”

“So… you don’t have a plan?”

“Not exactly… why do I need to make a plan?”

“Well, let’s say you were gonna build a brick wall next to the house. You could start building and decide at about eighteen bricks up that was high enough and keep going, but at some point you’d notice the yard has a slope. Now you are making a brick wall with a slope, but it might look better if the brick wall was level.
So you go get out a couple poles and run a string between em and level that string to the world and see how off your brick wall already is. So then you have to decide if you need to knock it back out, and fix it so it’s level, or maybe you could go half way, level it in some places and go with the slope others, or maybe even fill in the slope. Whatever you do it’s already started, you’ve wasted time and you will probably have to take apart some of what you’ve already done once you finally have the plan as to what you really want it to look like. See, all that time wasted because you didn’t stop to think it out and come up with a plan.”

“Oh, I see, I get it.”

“You understand why we need to stop and make a plan first, right?”

“No, I understand why Mom always says you never get anything done…”
© Copyright 2016 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2102256-The-Plan