*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2107784-The-Circus-Act
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2107784
Contest entry for Person-it-ification Contest January 2017 Round
 The Circus Act  (E)
Contest entry for Person-it-ification Contest January 2017 Round
#2107784 by Chris Breva


260 words

Four animals were walking down the road. There was a donkey, a dog, a cat, and a rooster.
The smaller animals began to grow weary. Therefore the bigger animals told the smaller animals to climb up on their backs. The rooster climbed onto the back of the dog and the cat climbed onto the donkey. Soon after that however the dog also began to become tired. "Why am I carrying this lazy chicken," he asked himself, grumbling under his breath.

"Did you say something Dog," the donkey asked.

"No," the dog answered. "I'm just getting worn down."

"Okay then," the donkey answered. "Cat, you get down. Dog you take Cat's place. Cat you get on Dog's back. Rooster you get on Cat's back."

"Now that's a splendid idea," Rooster said. "Why don't you give him some barbecue sauce to marinade my butt in?"

"I wouldn't worry about that Rooster," Cat replied. "I won't be able to eat you. I'll be too busy getting pummeled by Dog!"

"Nobody is going to eat anybody or pummel anybody," Donkey said. "If Dog bothers Cat, I'll kick Dog so hard his great grandchildren four times removed will have black eyes! If cat bothers Rooster I'll make Cat carry us all! Now you all settle down and fly right! Not literally Rooster."

"Touche," Rooster replied to Donkey's sarcasm.

On the side of the road stood a tree. The tree heard the quarreling among the unlikely crowd and saw that they were standing on each other. Tree was certain the circus had come to town!
© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2107784-The-Circus-Act