*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2109164-The-Waiting-Game
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2109164
Flash Fiction
The Waiting Game

Ray quietly put his jacket on, but not quietly enough. Bert bolted up wide awake. “Where do you think you’re going!!” he yelled.

“Just to the corner store, for some junk food.”

“No.”

“Bert, I’m going crazy, I’ve got cabin fever, I gotta get out. Just to the store, nobody will even notice me!”

“Tandy said we we’re not supposed to leave this room till he calls! You could blow the whole thing! Tandy’ll let us know when we can pick up our share of the loot and leave town safely. Tandy’ll…”

Ray cut him off, “Tandy, Tandy, Tandy! How did Tandy get to be in charge? Why isn’t it one of us telling him when he can come out of hiding? He calls every night, but he never tells us where he is, or how long…”

“You know he can’t, what if the phone is bugged…”

“Ray closed his eyes in frustration, “If our phone was bugged don’t you think someone would have showed up in the last two weeks and arrested us? If he thought his cell was bugged, why would he still call us on it? The heist hasn’t been in the news at all this week. Something is not right…”

“Everything’s fine. I’ll ask Tandy how much longer tonight! Just call for take-out, get anything you want, they’ll deliver anything in New York. There’s a Bruce Willis Marathon on channel ten at four. What do ya say?”

Ray gave in, “Fine.” He took off his jacket picking up the phone book.


Tandy picked up his cell phone to check in with Bert and Ray. Thank goodness this would be the last time, everything was finally set. As he dialed, he gazed over the hotel fence at the beautiful blue Coral Sea stretching off from Australia.
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2109164-The-Waiting-Game