*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2117371-The-Force-Edge---Chapter-1
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #2117371
Lucy finds herself in a sudden journey towards Europe to discover secrets of her origin.
The journey

5th October 2009, Melbourne, Australia.

"Lucy"


She hurried up packing her books in her bag as the bell rang. There was an excitement in her face that could not be avoided. It was the day she was waiting for about a week now.

"Happy birthday shortie" said Angela, as she handed a very well wrapped present for her best friend. "And please don't be gone for too long, cause you know, I will miss you".

"Thanks a lot Angie, I will miss you too" said Lucy as she walked away waving her hand.

It was already late, she could see her dad waiting outside looking left and right as she opened the glass gate and made her way through crowd of boys and girls.

"What took you so long honey, you said class was going to be over at eleven?"

"Sorry daddy, it was miss Potts, she kept going and wouldn't let anyone out. If only she knew that I had a flight at 3..."

"No honey, there is no need to tell everyone that we are heading to Europe, besides it will be very short so no one will notice either" said her dad, as they both sat in the car and put on their seatbelt.

There was a nervousness in Harry Lansdale's eyes, though he was very good at faking a smile so that her daughter didn't know the real deal. However, Lucy was going to ask him at some point of this emergency trip to Budapest.

"Daddy you forgot to wish me. And also you promised to tell me why are we heading to Hungary all of a sudden?"

"Don't worry my girl, it's no big deal. It's just that you have an aunt in Budapest, her name is Marleen. Your mother and I promised her to take you back to her once you reach eighteen..." said Harry while speeding up.

"I have an aunt? Why didn't you tell me this? And how can you take me back? I have been living my whole life in here, in Australia..."

"Later Lucy, I have to concentrate on the road"

Harry was nervous, and so was Lucy now. She knew about the journey but there was hundreds of new questions popping up her mind now. She had an aunt that she didn't know about. She had been to Europe and didn't know about. And she thought about all this for forty five minutes until they reached the airport.

"Ah there you are you two, come on hurry up we are already late" said Amanda Lansdale, Lucy's mother.

Amanda was a tall woman, even taller than her husband. She was a Historian and Harry Lansdale was an Archeologist. They met up 20 years ago on a mission to find The Force Edge as they called it, a centuries ago lost sword that had magical properties. They travelled a lot but not like this one.

Lucy didn't cared much about History and magical objects her mother was after so much. She didn't even believe in magic. She hated them for leaving her behind every time they had to travel, most of their travels being upon tracking down The Nephilims. "Nephilim is a son, or daughter of a demon and angel pair" said her mother when she asked about it once. But Lucy denied the existence of demons and angels every time. She never thought of them anything but fairy tales.

By this time they were already inside the plane, it was supposed to be a long journey and Lucy had lots of questions prepared for her parents.

"Lucy my dear, I'm so sorry this is all happening on your birthday. We could let you be at Angela's house as the last times but you see, we were being followed, they..."

Harry interrupted her before she could explain any further. "Not now Amanda" he said angrily.

"She is eighteen now Harry, it's her right to know about all this"

"About what mom? You are scaring me, both of you. Why don't you tell me what is going on? Are you in danger? Who is following you mom?" Lucy asked them continuously. She was worried and terrified at this point. Who were those people following her mother she thought. Were they not safe anymore in Melbourne, will they ever return.

"Not in here, she will know everything once we reach Budapest. End of discussion." said Harry. He did not want other people to know about what was going on. Afterall, they won't believe will they? If their own daughter thought of all this as a fairy tale, how could they expect anyone else to believe? How would people react if they knew angels and demons are real? What could they possibly do if they knew what was coming. Oh my little Lucy but I'm gonna protect you. Harry thought to himself.

Amanda Lansdale was sitting next to the window. She watched as the plane took off and made it's way through the thick clouds, and she thought about the day she met Harry. She was looking for something, an amulet that also worked as a map for finding the lost sword. They did found the amulet after heavy research but before it could reveal the location of the sword, it got destroyed.

Force Edge's origins was unknown.. Imbued with powerful dark magic, it was the most powerful devil arm ever existed, that once belonged to The legendary dark knight Sparda ,and only he could wield it . Sparda was a demon in nature, but he acted against his own demon brethren and protected humans. Before he died, he hid his sword somewhere in this earth and sealed the open gateways of hell inside the earth.









© Copyright 2017 oblivion413 (unknown413 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2117371-The-Force-Edge---Chapter-1