*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2118173-Preventing-a-Flame-War
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by slez
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #2118173
Flash Fiction Contest Entry 300 Words
"Calm down Danny. Raging like this isn't helping anyone."

"Drop it Steve! I'm super pissed! I can't believe that bitch posted all those lies. Arrgh! I'm going to flame her until she begs me to stop!"

Steve shook his head. "Do that and people will start believing those lies."

Danny squeezed his eyes shut in frustration. "Okay Mr. Genius, what should I do?"

"First slow down. Your going to wear out your rooms' carpet with the pacing. Good, now let's think this thought calmly. Megan is not a horrible person, she's just hurt and confused. You guys had a difficult breakup. In this situation you need to take the higher road."

After a long silence Danny nodded his head. "Any suggestions?"

"Great," said Steve with a grin. "I'll help you compose a reply. We'll post in on your page, and tag all your common friends and Megan too."

An hour later they posted the reply.

As all of you know, Megan and I recently went through a difficult breakup. I don't think either of us was at fault for the relationship ending. We just found ourselves in a really crappy situation that we couldn't do anything about. After we split up, Megan posted some very mean things about me. I understand that she was very upset and needed to vent, but you must understand that none of those things are true. Megan, I forgive you. I sill care about you and wish you all the best.

-Danny


Two days later Megan posted an apology and everything calmed down.

"Thanks a lot buddy," said Danny, and gave Steve a hug. "I never go wrong when I listen to you."

"Get off me you homo," said Steve as he pushed Danny away and punched him in the arm. "Hey, what are friends for?"
© Copyright 2017 slez (slez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2118173-Preventing-a-Flame-War