*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2119030-Another-day-at-the-office
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #2119030
There was a writing prompt about office workers and shit.
"Jim."

"Winston?"

"Come over here."

"Why?"

"Just...you gotta see this."

Curiosity peaked, Winston wheeled himself over to Jim in the next cubicle, phone cord stretching out to yanking point.

"You know, successful people never worry about what others are doing."

It looked as if Winston was in the middle of an eyebrow crisis in relation to something going on around the corner. "Skip the platitudes Jim.What the hell is this guy doing?"

"Is that the new guy?"

"That's the new guy."

"Is that a - ?

"It's - ya its definitely a toy light saber."

They continued to peek incredulously as new guy stood at his desk trying out bastardized jedi moves.

"Well, you don't see that every day."

"He knows he's in public right, at work? Oh gawd he's making the noises... Winston!"

"I hear it." Jim confirmed rolling his eyes then himself gracefully back to his desk.

Winston just continued to stare.

"Oooh ! Here's a juicy thought burger for you. Why don't YOU challenge HIM to a duel. South facing parking lot across from the Starbucks. 7 O'clock."

"Fuck off."

"No seriously" , Jim was furiously typing away now, "We could specify a cover charge and donate to charity."

Jim's frantic typing was starting to catch Winston's attention now. "Are you sending emails? Like invites? Christ! what's wrong with you? I'm not challenging this weeb to a duel."

"It will break up the monotonyyyy." Jim chimed in a sing song voice.

Then the fire alarm went off.

Jim glanced hopefully at Winston as they got up to exit the building.

"For the last time no."

Luckily it was only a drill.
© Copyright 2017 liquidstones22 (wingedstylus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2119030-Another-day-at-the-office