*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2119127-Kadars-Rage---Prologue
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Fantasy · #2119127
A battle between Gods.
Since the beginning, opposite forces have been in constant battle. Light and dark, good and evil, order and chaos. On Dumora, these forces were controlled by the God Halos. He kept balance over Dumora and the people feared and respected him. But for an all-powerful God, there was no equal, no one who could understand him or even speak with, so, to combat him loneliness, Halos devised a plan. He split himself in to, creating the brother Gods Areus and Kadar.

But in splitting himself. Halos split the opposing forces. Areus became the personification of light, order, and everything good in the world, while Kadar became darkness, chaos and evil. These new Gods ruled over Dumora together for centuries, for they understood that one could not last without the other.

However, this companionship was not to last.

As time progressed, Kadar began to question if he did indeed need his brother, and his eventual conclusion? he did not. Without any regret, Kadar turned on Areus. The battle between brothers began, and the fate of Dumora hung in the balance.

With his vicious nature and cunning tricks, Kadar was destined to win the battle and plunge the world into chaos. However, there was one thing neither brother had taken into consideration. To the Gods, the humans they ruled over were weak mortals, and for the most part, they were, but five stood up to fight for their futures.

Jalik was a kanger, an earth dweling creature of or enormous size.
Auelin was a human, and a witch as well, outcast by her people.
Aimon was a chiritt, one of the tree people, small and nimble.
Vaezzu was a dravin, with dragon blood burning through her veins.
And Mateus was a wolfkin, a creature neither human nor wolf, but somewhere in between.

Together, they sided with Areus and fought Kadar. The battle was ferocious, but ultimately, Kadar was defeated. As an immortal God, Kadar could not be killed, and instead Areus crafted a prison to hold his brother for eternity.

But even in victory, Areus and his soldier lost. With the last of his strength, Kadar attacked Dumora itself, splitting the world in two, separating the light from the dark.

As hard as he tried, Areus could not make the the two worlds one again, not on his own. Kadar refused to help his brother, and in the end, Areus was forced to leave Kadar in the space between the worlds, where no one should ever find him, and Areus hid himself from the world.

The five heroes became demi-gods. The Bear, The Siren, The Monkey, The Dragon and The Wolf. For many generations, they were celebrated, but as time went on, they were eventually forgotten as were Areus and Kadar.

However, while most of the world forgot their Gods, one small group remained, a group who had pledged themselves to Kadar, and vowed to find him and free him to rule once again.

Now, so many centuries later, Kadar is discovered.
© Copyright 2017 Arty Swanson (zoinks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2119127-Kadars-Rage---Prologue