*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127372-Working-the-Plan
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2127372
Three Minute Read
Working the Plan

Ryan stood in the closet waiting for his heart to stop hammering. He peeked out between the slats for the hundredth time. The cord, almost invisible, caught the evening light, Ryan could follow it from the closet door, to the window behind Maggie’s desk, and he knew, to the trigger of the gun hidden just at the edge of the curtain. He’d snuck in to measure it all a week ago. By the time Maggie arrived, it would be dark, she would never notice it.

He sat, waiting for Maggie to come in to catch the overseas office. Maggie ran her corporation like a tight ship. Unfortunately, she ran Ryan like a tight ship too. She laughingly called him her “adorable screw up.” He hated that, would have left her years ago, but stayed, because of Sandy.

Sandy was Maggie’s best friend. Ryan had been in love with Sandy for years now, but Sandy was loyal. If Ryan left Maggie, he would never see Sandy again. However, if Maggie died...

It had taken him a year to come up with this plan. With Maggie gone, he and Sandy would console each other. She would fall in love with him, they could be together, forever.

He smiled relaxing. Another hour before Maggie would arrive. Ryan closed his eyes and leaned back, thinking of Sandy.

He bolted awake, groggy, it was still light! He heard the door open, but Maggie would see the gun if it was still light! He looked through the slats, it wasn’t Maggie. It was her secretary, Rita. It was morning!!!

Ryan stood in the closet waiting for his heart to stop hammering. He peeked out between the slats for the hundredth time. He couldn’t get the gun until Rita left!

Then Maggie walked in, with Sandy...
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127372-Working-the-Plan