*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127994-Treasure
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2127994
Flash Fiction
Treasure

“What have you gotten us into? I should never have let you talk me into this. You and your big ideas!” Trent mumbled, half to himself, as he followed Andy down the narrow tunnel.

“No really, this is real! I swear! This time I’m sure as the nose on my face!”

“That doesn’t even make sense, sure as the nose on your face? What does that even mean?”

“Just trust me! I heard Terry tell Shannon that he heard a woman walking by their yard telling another woman that she saw it with her own eyes!”

“So why then didn’t those ladies take it? Or Terry, or Shannon even?”

“Well, Terry and Shannon can’t get out of their yard, of course. And the ladies probably thought they could sneak in later, after their walk maybe. They didn’t know Terry heard them!”

“Ladies couldn’t even fit down this pipe, how did that lady see it?”

“From the bridge I guess? Anyway, she probably has a car, they all do, and when they get to it she’ll drive over! This pipe is a shortcut!”

The light at the end of the tunnel was finally getting bigger. “What is this place anyway?” Andy asked.

It’s just where the extra rain collects. People toss stuff down from the bridge all the time thinking nobody will see it, but it’s usually tires or old computer screens. Every now and then something good though, so I come here sometimes and check.

They got to the end of the tunnel and looked out.

“Yes!!” Andy hooted. “We got here before the ladies came back! Look at that!!”

“Well, I guess you were right this time!” Trent said, as the two dogs rushed out, excitedly, to the smelly, broken bag of garbage strewn across the ground.
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127994-Treasure