*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2128083-the-seven-nomads
by jay
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #2128083
Mariah escapes

"Phillipe, look out behind you!" cried Mariah, pointing. Phillipe turned suddenly and saw another troll charging towards him. The troll held a curved knife in it's hand. Phillipe dove out of the way just in time. The troll swung it's knife, but accidently hit another troll. The knife sliced the trolls chest, and it roared in pain. "Run!" shouted a nomad. Several nomads started running west, from the trolls.
"Mariah," said Phillipe, "I was instructed by your father to keep you safe at all costs. Run. Go!" Mariah hesitated. "What about you?" she asked. "Don't worry about me," he said, "You must get to safety. Hurry! Go!" Finally, Mariah obeyed. She turned and ran west with the other nomads. Phillipe and some other nomads kept fighting. But they were getting tired. Luckily, another group of nomads came just in time and joined the fight. The trolls and nomads battled for many days under the hot sun.
But the trolls were relentless. They killed many nomads, and the few survivors were forced to finally flee. Phillipe was one of the last to run. He knew he had a duty to protect his people, the nomads. He could not let the trolls win, and he was willing to do whatever it took to stop them. Even if it meant his own death.

© Copyright 2017 jay (jay37 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2128083-the-seven-nomads