*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129583-Lost-and-Found
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2129583
Three Minute Read
Lost and Found

Turtle was thinking, and walking, which often didn’t work out well for Turtle. This time was no exception, he had no idea where he was, he had wandered off the path he usually took, and now he was lost.

What had he been thinking about? Of course, flying. Turtle thought about flying way too much. He’d spent many hours trying to learn to fly when he was younger... a few weeks ago. He thought if he tried hard enough he could fly, but so far, he’d never really gotten off the ground more than a bit.

As he turned around to go back, he noticed a stone wall he must have walked right by while he was thinking. This gave him a new idea! Maybe if he started from up, he could stay up! He had always tried to fly up from the ground, maybe that was just too hard for someone who was new to flying. Hadn’t Bird told him he’d learned from his mom by jumping out of a tree? Of course! How had he missed this! He immediately looked for a way to climb to the top of the wall.

It was hard. He had to be careful where he put each foot, each toe needing its own firm hold. He had to balance himself and lean in different directions to keep from falling back. Every now and then he had to hold his breath trying to reach a safe place just a bit too far for comfort. He almost fell many times!

Finally, he got on top of the wall! As he sat there, exhausted, he looked out over the woods. He could see home, he could see everything! He felt good, and all thoughts of flying had completely disappeared. Turtle had just found rock climbing!
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129583-Lost-and-Found