*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2139167-YOUR-FOCUS-MAKES-THE-DIFFERENCE
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Experience · #2139167
WHAT YOU WISH TO SEE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE
Few days back, a friend of mine looked at me and said, "What happened to you? your lower lip is swollen." I was dwarfed by an ambivalent feeling of both doubt and shock. Then I opted to take a glimpse at the mirror; the first thing I saw was my swollen lip. It didn't occur to me that some pimples had rented an abode on my face, neither did it occur to me that my beards had grown unkempt. But why didn't I notice that? could it be that the mirror failed to give a reflection of my entire look? Well, I don't think so! Perhaps it's because my focus was on just the lips. Many a time, we look at people with just one look, one opinion and that defines the entirety of who they are! We teach ourselves to see "JOHN" as just one thing, " a thief". We fail to catch a glimpse at John's humility, intelligence, bravery; all we see is "a thief". What if we teach ourselves to visual him as both a thief and a humble guy? It all depends on what you wish to see! Place a focus on anything and you'll see a whole lot of it.
© Copyright 2017 lukpata (lukpata at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2139167-YOUR-FOCUS-MAKES-THE-DIFFERENCE