*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2139752-Going-with-the-Flow
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2139752
Flash Fiction
Going with the Flow

“My name is Sandra,” Sandra said pointedly to her husband.

“Come on Cutie Crumbs, I was just fooling around.”

“It’s not fooling around when you call me ridiculous names in front of other people. You know I hate it.”

“But I love you, Pumpkin,” Jeff said, oblivious to his wife’s genuine anger. “I want to spoil you rotten every minute.”

Sandra looked at Jeff bouncing around the cabin, making her breakfast that she never wanted, ever. Why had she married him, she wondered for the ten thousandth time. Oh yeah, twelve million dollars.

Jeff had won the lottery shortly after they started dating. She’d been ready to cut him loose, but twelve million dollars... They’d been spending like sailors on leave when he actually proposed. She hadn’t wanted to marry him, but she certainly didn’t want to break up with so much money...

Six months later she’d had enough. Enough cutsie names, enough being joined at the hip, even enough traveling! But, enough being rich?

Later out on the mountain, “This is really nice,” Jeff said standing at the edge of a cliff looking off the mountain. They were up quite high, overlooking jagged cliffs and a beautiful green valley far below. “Though, Pookie Pie,” he added, laughing, “I don’t know, why you wanted to go hiking when we could have rented a helicopter and seen the whole mountain while drinking champagne!”

“If you call me one more cutesie name,” Sandra said, through gritted teeth, “I’m going to kill you.”

“Come on Sweet Cheeks,” Jeff said turning, “You don’t really mean that.”

“Actually,” she said, running at him, “I did.”

But he swerved, and Sandra careened over, smashing on the rocks below.

Jeff was truly heartbroken, yet, delightfully amazed at how popular being a rich widow could be!
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2139752-Going-with-the-Flow