*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2142881-Slice-of-Heaven-in-Hell
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #2142881
Even though you're living in Hell, there is always something that will keep you going

The piece you're going to read is something that came to me after playing what I consider one of the most beautiful videogames of all times. In the videogame you see the characters here represented and are forced to face them throughout the game. Since seeing them I have loved them for what they represent, in my eyes at least. For, in the horrible truth that is hidden in the storyline, these two characters seemed almost marginal...but not to me.

This was my tribute to them.

Hope you enjoy :)

-------------


My footfalls echoes around me in the darkness of these corridors, silencing the dripping of water that slowly fall from the ceilings. Surrounding me, as maddened dragonflies, strange creatures acts excitedly with emotions that I cannot comprehend.

I keep on walking, moving forward on those same paths that I have been walking for what seems an eternity, uncaring of the darkness in which I often plunge into. As I walk I see myself(?) moving down another corridor, following another path, lifting clouds of dust and rust at my every step. Around me the creatures keep with their unintelligible cries, running away from me as soon as they notice my approach.

It doesn’t matter.

They’re nothing to me.


My wandering has brought me here again, at Her door.

Here I knock for her to come out and as I wait for Her I realize that it is only with Her that I feel myself complete. Only with Her I feel myself alive.

I have called Her and She has come, always as beautiful as last time. She grabs my hand and together we go seeking her Angels. My lone wandering has come to an end, now I have Her to assist.

We stop at a water puddle, She dives in, splashing her feet in there as Her joyous laugh erupts from her throat, and still I’m feeling uneasy. I follow Her and I offer her my hand, letting her to climb on my back, as I can feel danger surrounding us.

It all happen in a moment, they come out of the shadows surrounding us, screaming gibberish as they run toward Her. They want Her all for them.

They want to hurt Her.

But She’s with me.

I bellow in rage as I charge them, crushing everything that stand before me in a bloody pulp as I feel their attacks falling on my armor. But suddenly it is She who’s screaming, of pain and fear. Rapidly turning around I watch with horror as one of those creatures is way too close to her, as it tries to claw at her dangling legs.

I resume the fighting with renewed rage.

‘ You won’t hurt Her! ’ I scream. ‘ She’s with me and I won’t ever surrender to the likes of you!’

After a few more minutes, silence rose again around us, all of the attackers laying dead around the pool, as I inform Her that She can get down now. As she slowly descend from my back, I feel her hand closing on my own, as She thanks me for protecting Her with one of Her beautiful smiles.

Suddenly she look around ecstatic,as she tells me that Her Angels are all around us and, as She goes to play with them, I stand aside watching Her play, checking the area for dangers to come. After a while though She return to me and offer me some of Her nectar.

I politely refuse it. She needs it more than I do.

After a couple of swigs Her lips are stained with the crimson red of Her nectar and, sleepily She return to me, yawning, as She offers me Her hand. I help Her to crawl on my back once more, as I prepare to bring Her back to Her Home.

As we reach the door, I took Her again into my arms, lifting Her until she’s at level with the door of Her home, but before Her feet disappear into the darkness, She turn around and smile at me wishing me goodbye.

I return to my solitary duties, marching slowly in this, veritable, underwater tomb. But as I walk on my path I hear a distressing series of sounds which break my heart.
An agonized scream, more of despair than of pain and then crying and a shrill scream of fear.

HER’S!

I begin running through the corridors, my heavy footsteps echoing around me in a terrible cacophony which seems to be screaming of my rage. But I have to stop, suddenly, as in front of me stands a rusty door, blocking me from reaching Her.

I hear Her cries, I hear Her screams and madness pervade my heart and mind.

As a raging beast I start crashing against the door, putting all my weight into it, smashing into it with a deafening sound until it finally crash open.

In front of me a nightmare made real.

I(?) lay on the ground, dead, as She keeps on tugging my(?) hand.

All the while one of those creatures has grabbed Her and tries to drag Her away.

I WON’T PERMIT THAT!

I charge forward, hitting the creature with all my weight, throwing it away as a broken doll. In my blind rage I keep on hitting it with my arm-mounted drill, sending a fountain of blood all around me until there's nothing more than a bloody mess surrounding me.

It is then that I realize She’s still there.

Still crying over my(?) dead body.

I go near her and, after calling Her, I offer Her my hand.
She turns toward me smiling and, with a sweet tone, she softly speaks to me.

Mr. Bubbles! You’re back! Let’s go, Mr. B, let’s go seek the Angels…

I answer Her that I will never leave Her alone, I’ll always protect Her and all of Her Little Sisters as any Daddy should always do.
She hears my moaning and smiles as she takes my offered hand and start tugging at me to go into one of the corridors surrounding us.

Together, now and for all eternity.


---------
"Slice of Heaven in Hell" a Tribute fanfiction to Bioshock
© Copyright 2017 E-Brony (sick-o-brony at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2142881-Slice-of-Heaven-in-Hell