*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2144642-Come-Clean
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Crime/Gangster · #2144642
Flash Fiction #1
“I never told anyone before, and I wont tell it again, but I need you to know. It happened almost a year ago. Me and my buddy Frank were working for a colombian guy, Diego Gomez, doing… well, bad stuff.
One day we had to do away with a club owner on the westside. When we came to the club we both noticed a beautiful woman dancing by herself to an old rock tune in the middle of the dance floor. I think we both fell in love with her immediately.
Instead of going straight to the club owners office, we interrupted the dancing woman and invited her to a table. Her name was Helena and she was as kind and funny as she was beautiful, but unfortunately she was leaning more towards Frank than me. As the evening went on, she became more and more intimate with Frank, and around closing time, Frank and I had to “go to the toilet” (not) and do what we came for. After that, she followed Frank home.
The next couple of days, two things became apparent; Helena liked me very much. But she loved Frank. F-ing piece of sh-t. I could've hit him on the nose with the back of my gun - but, then again, I guess it wasn't his fault. Instead, I used his computer and sent an email to the cops, took all my saved cash and hid it in his kitchen and let Diego Gomez know that Frank was untrustworthy.
At Frank's funeral, your mother came to me for comfort. We’ve been a couple ever since and I love her very much.”
The baby wasn't listening. He was sound asleep, thumb in mouth, fingers around his little nose.
The man rose to his feet and left the maternity ward.
© Copyright 2017 slegyras (slegyras at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2144642-Come-Clean