*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2145844-have-you-ever
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by dawn
Rated: E · Sample · Experience · #2145844
a game i play!!
As i stand in front of a mirror i wonder if this is how my life is going to be. Have you ever? is a question i ask people who know about me, or if i am close to you. What i see in the mirror is probably not what the world sees. Have you ever? Have you ever wondered what brought you to this point? Have you ever wondered if you would of taken another step or movement, where you would be. I have, but yet here I am. So when i wonder Have you Ever from peoples lives, i sometimes make my own story.
A Woman with three young children, standing in line for groceries looking weary and broken. Did she have a bad day? Is she babysitting? Is there a tragic story.
If you stand behind me you will see a middle aged woman, with a wedding ring and a smile. Sometimes disheveled hair, sometimes sweatpants, sometimes looking presentable. You would never know i am contemplating writing a book, or that i may not of slept well, or that i am in chronic pain. You would not know that i am a proud grandma, that i bend over backwards for those i love, and that i sometimes feel broken.
Have you ever played this game? I do, all the time. Usually my stories are probably WAY better than their real lives. Sometimes the characters in my chapters are EXACTLY like me!!!
© Copyright 2018 dawn (dmeester at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2145844-have-you-ever