*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2146322-Divorce-Cocktail
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Draft · Other · #2146322
A woman dares to love a divorced man
Divorce Cocktail

As she sat there, playing in her own hair. Massaging the follicles at the roots of her graying hair, smelling the warm aroma of the turkey chili in the air that she had prepared for a full day. She begin to realize she was being moved from pain to something anew. After weeks of fighting her heart and her soul, she started to feel a twinge of desire in her pulse. Afraid to love again, falling as a fool on her face was not an option anymore. She reminisce constantly about feeling him holding her like she belonged to him while inhaling each other's chi, but she knew all too well the temporary place she held in his heart. It was only her imagination running away with her mind, holding all conscious and realism in its grip. She was falling in love with an end, again. He was too pierced with fear from a previous lover, and a previous wife. Love all poured in not knowing that he was pouring into a bottomless statue, not a vase. As he placed the flowers of love in place, they withered and died without water to purify and petrify their beauty. She was eager for a family, but not starving for passion. Her lover was ambition and she cheated with it often, leaving him holding all of his desires to love and adore her ebony sleeves. She was cursed with blindness to love, and he was hunted by his love of love. Lost in their own worlds they peeked at each other through alienated eyes. Soon enough addresses changed, papers were signed, and each was left with empty worthless luggage.

© Copyright 2018 S.giaimo (s.giaimo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2146322-Divorce-Cocktail