*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2148524-Boarderline
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Annwid
Rated: E · Chapter · Drama · #2148524
A young girl waits for the bus
Somewhere in Windsor Ont.

Annie sighed nervously as she waited at the station for the bus that would take her over the border and into the states. Feeling a hint of moisture in the air, she pulled her brown knitted sweater closer to her body. A grey cluster of clouds forming above her and she silently prayed the rain would hold off until she was on the bus.

She quickly glanced down at her dress and ran a hand over the skirt as it fluttered briefly in the wind. Although it was a little worn, the white dress with purple flowers had become one of her favorites and she was glad she choose it. Glanced down at her tennis shoes, they looked ancient and scuffed just had to make do with what she had, she thought.

As she glanced up as two fully uniformed American soldiers passed by her,one tipping his cap in her direction and wished her a good day. She rocked back on her heels and replied with a sweet smile at the pleasant gesture on that lonely afternoon.

With a sigh, she looked down the road again to see where her bus was and wonder what was taking so long. She didn't want people to think she wasn't coming and wanted to get there as soon as she could. Her thought's of her trip drifted into mind. She couldn't believe she was actually going to the states, she thought. It wasn't something she had planned or even something she thought she would ever do but more of a necessity to help her make the money she needed to find her sister. The trip was organized by the church through a non-profit organization. The organization that would provided her with a 3 month work visa so she could travel abroad.

Being in a small town and only being 17 years old, it was hard for her to find work and this would give her the opportunity to get a job and save the money. The church was able to find her a place to stay in a hotel or some kind of resort where she would live and work for the next 3 months under the care of the owner, Johnathan Grimes. She had never met him but he was a member of the charity that was helping the church get her what she needed.

She remembered the letter she wrote to him, thanking him for his hospitality and why she needed resident and hoped he got that letter. It was important for her to explain why she needed the work that he was providing and didn't want to have to explain when she got there. She also wanted to make sure he knew that he was in her thoughts and prayers everyday for being so kind.

She glanced down the track for the hundredth time and she was beginning to get nervous. Worrying she wasn't where she was suppose to be, she searched through her small white grocery bag to make sure she had her passport, work visa and work order with her. She breathed a sigh of relief when she found them. She held back a few long soft black stand's of her hair, that had gotten loose from her pony tail, to give her eyes a better view of her instructions. Her dark blue eye's quickly going over the instructions that stated once she was on the bus, it would take her over the border to Detroit Michigan. Then to a place called WestGate. Once she got there, she would need to look for Johnathan Grimes who should be waiting for her and take care of the rest of her needs.

So far, her trip had been easy and she hoped it would stay that way. She held onto her rosary that hung on her small neck and silently prayed that god would take care of her. Not wanting to loose the paper, sticking them back in the same bag. Tucking them deep in the bottom so she wouldn't lose them.

She glanced up quickly and caught the sight she been waiting for and mouthed a 'Thank You" to the heaven's as she saw her train coming down the tracks. A small smile crept on her lips as she picked up her small IGA bag readying herself for to be boarded.


© Copyright 2018 Annwid (annwid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2148524-Boarderline