*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2149973-The-Story
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2149973
Flash Fiction
The Story

Yes. As I was getting ready for bed that night I remembered I needed milk. Realizing the store was about to close, I grabbed my purse, and ran out. I was in my pajamas and flip flops but I thought with my jacket over the pajamas, they would just look like casual clothes. It’s not like I was gonna see anyone I knew.

As I got to my car I realized I’d forgotten to lock my apartment. I would have left it, but there’d been some break-ins in the neighborhood, so, decided, better safe than sorry. I rushed back to lock up. On the way, I started reconsidering the flip flops and decided to switch to sneakers. That was a mistake because I ran in and changed shoes, then I ran back out, this time locking the door, but leaving my purse, and keys inside.

It was almost eleven, so thinking our Super would probably be asleep, I figured I’d just climb in my own window and grab my stuff. I knew it was still open because I always shut it just before I go to bed.

I couldn’t climb up with my coat on, so I took it off and climbed the trellis. A neighbor saw me and called the police. The police believed me, but since they couldn’t get hold of Rita they had to bring me in until they got confirmation that I was actually trying to get back in my own apartment. It turned out Rita, the Super, had driven to Los Vegas with her friends, but we didn’t find that out until the next day. Your Dad was the arresting officer.

So, it is true, I did spend my first night with your father, in jail, in my pajamas. However, it was certainly not romantic!
© Copyright 2018 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2149973-The-Story