*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2150481-Different-Views
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2150481
Flash Fiction
Different Views

“Dad, Dad,” Charlie said climbing up on a chair, “I saw this drip in the bathroom sink…”

“Be careful,” Dad muttered, looking up from his phone.

“So, this drip in the sink, it was green…”

“Did you forget to rinse out the sink when you brushed your teeth?”

“No Dad, I didn’t do it. It was this drip…”

“I don’t know what your mother does all day if she can’t even clean the sink.”

“No Dad, the sink wasn't dirty, there was just this drip and when I saw it…”

“I have to go to work. I work hard to make money, pay the bills. The least your mother could do is take care of you. That is her job right now. The least she could do is keep things clean, help you learn about important things. Well, I have to go to work.” He absentmindedly patted Charlie on his head and left.

“Did your father leave already? Here’s those brownies we made to send to work with him. Well, maybe tomorrow.”

“Mom, I saw this drip in the bathroom sink.”

“Oh?”

“And it looked like a little green ghost with a puffy hair-do!”

“Wow, that's cool. Is it still there?”

“No, it got washed down with my toothpaste…”

“Let's get out your crayons later and you can draw it for me. It's really good to draw up sketches of things when they’re in your mind, so you won’t forget them.”

“I know, I did write a sentence about it in that journal you gave me.”

“Excellent! Have you finished your library book? We can go there today after groceries and the cleaners, and getting those other things on Dad’s list.”

“That would be great. Thanks Mom.”

“All part of your education my little man.”
© Copyright 2018 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2150481-Different-Views