*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2153434-Welcome-home
by Silver
Rated: E · Chapter · Mystery · #2153434
My third short story, continuing where "Gate to Hell" left off.
Warm Welcome

Walking once again through seemingly endless halls, Iris voice pierced the near silence of flickering flames and trailing steps.

“Soon?” she asked, impatient but understanding.

I nod, seeing the door at the end of the tunnel. This time embroidered in silver and gold, the markings running up and down like snakes. As I approach, the locks click. With a slight frown, I unsheathe Iris. The carved marks on the blade shimmer like starlight and a blast of colour is released as she’s fully drawn. The dim hallway is lit like the night sky, streaks of all colours flowing around us. I aim her shining blade at the door. A streak turns and, like a lightning bolt, goes for the door, on impact a burst of white flame. I move swiftly through the gate, hearing it creak closed behind me. The locks click once more and we’re trapped in the room with another of these monsters. Sitting on a white-stone chair, a boy glares down at us.

“You know, you could be a little more… how do I put this… Not trying to blow my door off its hinges?”

I stare back, saying nothing, but it doesn’t make a move. The boy just sighs and moves toward the table in the centre, pouring some tea while the chair re-forms below him. Sitting down he gestures to one on the opposite side.

“Tea? Not all of us are fighters, you know. Some just want to be left alone.”

Iris in hand, I approach the chair and sit, hand never leaving the hilt.

“Oh, and by the way? Welcome home, Princess Leyana.”
© Copyright 2018 Silver (noir_fluer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2153434-Welcome-home