*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2168956-The-New-Plan
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2168956
Flash Fiction
The New Plan

“I’ve got it! I just figured out what to do! It’s brilliant!”

“About...?”

“About the diamonds, of course. Jeannine doesn’t know they’re missing yet and you know as soon as she finds out, she’s definitely going to call the police. We have to stall for time. Where would you go where you wouldn’t wear your diamonds?”

“My... diamonds?”

“Yes, we just need to keep the old bag from finding out they’re missing until we have that money in our hands. So, listen to this... I just booked her a surprise visit to the Allendale Spa. She loves that place! Plus, she would never think to wear diamonds there, she always tries to pretend she’s a regular person. Like that would ever play, after two days she gets demanding and they can’t stand her. Anyway, that will give us plenty of time to finish the deal and get the money in an account in Panama! We’ll probably be able to sneak off before she gets back! I booked her for two weeks!”

“I don’t seem to...

“You don’t understand! This will work. I really think this will work! Just give it a chance, Sweetie. What do you have to lose?”

“No. YOU don’t understand. I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Susan. That isn’t funny.”

“Who the heck is Susan, Frank?”

“Frank? Ah, isn’t this 555-1325?”

“No”

“Oops, sorry, wrong number...”
© Copyright 2018 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2168956-The-New-Plan