*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2169125-Love
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2169125
Three Minute Read
Love

Hank looked over at Rita for the hundredth time just this morning. She never noticed. He knew everything about her being, her hair, her eyes, her lovely mouth. He knew what she was going to do at any given moment, often before she did, because he was completely smitten. He was in love as far as love could go. Rita owned his thoughts, his feelings and his entire heart, though Rita had no clue whatsoever.

Rita was looking at Randle. Rita watched Randle too much. She tried to look away, but he moved and her eyes shot back without thought. Finally catching herself, she forced herself to break away, going back to her work, trying to organize her thoughts, trying to decide what to do next... what would Randle do next... The thought threw her back and she realized she had to leave this room immediately or she would embarrass herself to death. She got up, trying to look as casual as possible and strolled out of the room.

Hank watched her go, he knew he should not follow but without thought his body got up and wandered after her. Kicking himself, he decided to go straight outside as if that’s where he intended to go in the first place. As he got to the door though, he saw Rita go out. Perfect! he thought, that’s where he was going anyway! He followed her, inhaling the lovely smell of her passing as he walked.

As Randle watched them both leave, he finally settled down with a sigh. It was pathetic enough being a pet rat in a stupid cage, without having a ridiculous dog and sneaky cat watching him every single minute!
© Copyright 2018 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2169125-Love