*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2173356-Giselles-very-long-scarf
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #2173356
Giselle wants to make her daddy a present for his birthday
         
Giselle's          Very Long Scarf


Giselle and mummy went to the shops. They are going to buy some wool for Giselle so she can make a scarf for daddy for his birthday. Mummy was also going to make some booties for the new baby that was coming soon.
There were very long rows of different kinds of wool. Some were soft, others starchy they came in a ray of rainbow colours. This was going to be hard to choose what colour Giselle wanted for she loved them all.
After an hour Giselle picked her colours and used her pocket money to pay for them.
Back home mummy helped her start the scarf. Giselle knitted everywhere she went, at school at lunch time, when she went to the library, and at Grandma's. Making sure daddy never saw it of course.
Soon the scarf became very long that it was getting caught on everything. Mummy found a large bag for Giselle to roll the scarf up and put in the bag. So the scarf would not get dirty.
Finally it was finish and mummy cast off the stitches and Giselle wrapped the scarf very carefully as only a five year old could do.
The next day at breakfast Giselle gave daddy his present and a special card she had made for him. Daddy gave her a kiss.
When daddy opens the present the scarf rolled off the breakfast table and into the lounge room with Whiskers the kitten chasing it. Everyone laugh at whiskers and the runaway scarf.
Daddy thanked Giselle for knitting him his very long scarf and every night they watched T.V all the family wrapped the scarf around them to keep warm, while they drank hot Milo. Even Whiskers the kitten had a bit to curl up on.
By Jacqueline Tasik.

© Copyright 2018 Jacqueline (rosemaree at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2173356-Giselles-very-long-scarf