*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2174153-Behind-these-eyes
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Romance/Love · #2174153
The thoughts of a hopeless lover.
His eyes are beautiful. So calming. They always make me feel like I know where I belong, or at least where I want to be more than anything. That's why they are also so wild. His eyes make my heart race. The closer I get to him, the faster my heart beats. I can't decide if this is good or if this is bad. When I lay next to him, my body pressed against his body, my skin against his skin, I look into those magical eyes and I know that my heart beats for him. His heart pounding against my racing heart tells me that he is just as nervous yet just as excited as I am to see what happens next.
All of my thoughts bubbling up at once point to one thought, I love him. But then only one question remains. Does he love me? If only he could look through my eyes and see what I see when I look at him. I want him to see how in love I am. I want him to feel what I feel when I look into his eyes. Yes, I can see his pain but I don't see a problem. I see his pain and I want to love him more and take the pain away.
He tells me that I am wasting my time with him. He says that he is nothing but a problem. Why can I not see that problem when I look into his eyes? Why do I see such magic in those mysterious, dark eyes? I have tried to pull away from him but the further I get, the stronger the bond between us gets and we are right back at step one.
Can he not see the agony that I am in when I am not with him? If I could have just one wish, I would wish for this man to be able to see what is behind these eyes, my eyes. My eyes hold a lot of pain as well. I have been hurt, but my heart won't let me give up on love. Love is the energy that I need to get me through each painful day. Love is magic. But, it is only his love that my heart craves. His love is all that I want, all that I need. This hopeless love.

© Copyright 2018 Hopless Love (ginab92 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2174153-Behind-these-eyes