*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2177455-Outdoors
Rated: E · Poetry · Animal · #2177455
A night in the great outdoors
The sun sets across the land and one by one the stars begin to shine; before long the constellations begin to mark thier spot in the night sky each with a story to be told.

Down below under the pale moon lights the howl of the snow wolves can be heard as they begin their hunt. The wind rustling through the forest trees or perhaps its the babbling brooks running down the lonely mountain side that catches your ears this night.

The destination forgotten as you get lost in the beauty of nature. The crickets play thier part in the symphony of sounds orchestrated by the Creator. The distant hammering of the wood pecker in sync with the hooting of the owls adding a depth and richness that satisfys the soul and puts your heart at rest.

As you close your eyes to sleep beneath the open heavens and serenaded by nature; you find yourself content and whatever tomorrow brings will be dealt with tomorrow but for tonight you rest.
© Copyright 2018 Grizzlybear1285 (grizzlybear85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2177455-Outdoors