*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2178213-Sammy-Soo-kid-detective
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #2178213
this asks the question what if your kid was a kid detective like cam jansen, or nancy drew
Sammy Soo
Kid Detective

By Omar Ayoub
Chapter 1
The case of the stolen oranges

It was a typical Sunday afternoon. Sammy Soo and her mom had gone to the grocery store. While her mom was busy buying some cabbage in the produce aisle. Sammy Soo, with her big round glasses, peered over a stack of oranges nearby-which was actually pretty hard considering how short she was. In fact, she was still in the 3rd grade, but this wouldn’t stop her, for she had seen a most suspicious suspect, and for a suspicious suspect Sammy Soo would investigate. Sammy Soo decided that she would-.
“Hey Sammy” said her mother.
“AAAH!” Sammy was so startled that she fell to the ground, and knocked some oranges off the stand she was on.
“So, what do you think? Purple or green?” Sammy’s mom said while holding up two bags of cabbages “Wait, what are you doing?”
Sammy stood up “For your information, MOM!” Sammy said while dusting off her thick jacket and scarf “I’m working on a case!”
“... what?” asked her mom confused about what her daughter had just said.
“Yeah, I’m going to be one of the greatest detectives of all time. Just like you and....” she pulled out a book “COMMODORE DRAKE!”
“... did you just say Commodore Drake?!” her mom asked. She swiped the book from Sammy “Where did you get this book?!” her mom said in a very angry voice “This is not for kids!” She started flipping through the book “I mean look at all this. Violence! Blood! Gore! Curse words?!”
“Yeah!” yelled Sammy.
“NO!” yelled her mom.
“Oh come on, you’re overreacting. I mean, censorship is only for people who can’t handle these kinda books.”
“Oh no! Just because you have a photographic memory doesn’t mean you know everything!” Sammy’s mom grabbed her by the arm “Now come on! we are going home right now missy!”
“What?! Nooo! My case!” yelled Sammy.
“What?! Yeees, Your case! We are going to talk about all of this ‘detective work’ that you've been doing, and get rid of all of these Commodore Drake books. Right now!” Sammy’s mom was going to teach her a hard lesson. It wasn’t fun to be a detective. You had to do tons of dangerous work. Work too dangerous for any kid, and then you have to stay up at night too, doing tons of paperwork. She would make her learn.

But then Sammy pulled away from her mom, and ran screaming towards the suspicious man in the hoodie. Just as the man was about to leave, she sprang out of nowhere and kicked the guy in the back of his knee.
“YEEEEAAAAH!” the man screamed as he fell down on his face.
Sammy Soo then proceeded to repeatedly kick him in the face, and then she stood on top of the poor guy, reaching into his pockets and pulled out “Oranges!” she yelled “He was stealing oranges!”
“AAAAH! What are you doing! I was going to pay for that!” yelled the guy on the floor now with a black eye.
“No you weren’t! None of the bulges in your pockets are shaped in any way like a wallet. Which means THAT YOU DON’T HAVE ONE!” said Sammy still standing on top of the guy.
“Okay fine you found out my BIG secret! It’s that I’m too poor to pay for my own food!”
“Sammy!” yelled Sammy’s mom as she and a few security guards ran towards Sammy in shock at what had just happened.
“Your kid broke my arm! I’m going to sue you!” yelled the guy after he got up.
“I’m sorry sir, here” Sammy’s mom gave the guy enough money to fix his arm and pay for some food.
“Well...alright then,” said the random hooded man “If it’s alright with you I think I’m just going to leave and go home.”
“Wait! He’s a criminal!” Sammy wailed, pulling a tantrum “you can’t give him money!”
Her mom pulled her by the arm “We are going to talk about this at home!”
“NOOOOO! You can’t do this to me! I’m the greatest detective ever!” Sammy cried.
“What you are is grounded young lady!” said her mom pulling her away.
“NOOOOOO! JUSTICE!”
Next in chapter 2
The case of the ten minute timeout.
© Copyright 2018 Howitshould'vehappened (dcfan2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2178213-Sammy-Soo-kid-detective