*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2178499-Ominous-Visitor
Rated: E · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #2178499
Over the years I've had numerous dreams. Many I still remember. This is one I had recently

I went to visit my mothers house. It was late and the weather felt cool as if autumn was setting in. Walking into the house I spoke to my mom and after a short exchange I left the house only to go back to my car. Once finished I made my way back to the house. Now, for some strange reason there was a black and white colored dog lying down in front of her porch steps. At first glance it looked as if it were sleeping but for some reason I could tell it was watching me. Thinking nothing of this I continued down my mom's driveway to her side porch. This is where I normally go whenever I visit but now the area behind the house felt off almost ominous. Like the night was hiding something. Entering the house I went to cut on the back room light when I accidentally turned off the light outside to her backyard. Realizing my error I flipped the switch to cut the light back on but it did not respond. I tried again. Nothing. I figured the light had just blown. As I looked out of the peep hole to her backyard I was presented with a bubble shaped silhouette of her darkened yard. Everything barely visible including her broken down Saturn Vue. I looked over at the light switch again and tried it a final time. Still nothing. As I reached for the doorknob I just so happened to look out the peep hole again and there on the other side staring right back at me was a figure I didn't recognize. At first I thought it was simply my reflection being cast back at me until the head began to move independent from my own. The blank gaze from the shadowy pits of its eyes made the hairs on the back of my neck stiffen. Then a deep labored breathing could be heard. Unnatural and almost menacing, the figure's presence became something of ill intent. I quickly looked back down at the doorknob and noticed it was not locked. The moment I reached for the knob it suddenly turned and the door began to push open. As my heart stopped and fear gripped my insides in terror I awoke.



© Copyright 2018 Jackson Wyn (jacksonwyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2178499-Ominous-Visitor