*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2186067-Spin---Prologue
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Novel · Thriller/Suspense · #2186067
The prologue for my gothic thriller novel, Spin.
Lilah

Have you ever experienced an event so big that it becomes the point from which you gauge everything else? A new axis. A marker between the old and new, the then and now, the before and after. A fulcrum built from something so raw and impactful that it leaves a permanent mark, forever dividing you from who you were, with who you are.

Most people think of life as a straight line in the sand, with little notches representing the most important parts.

For me, life was a wheel. Always moving, always changing, always spinning. But ultimately, ending up in the same spot.
If you're lucky, you'll live long enough to have several notches on your wheel, starting with your birth and ending with your death.

They are spokes of reference that signify something more than time.

Growth.

Noah and I were lucky. We had each other to learn and grow with. I didn't have to face change alone, and for that, I'll be forever grateful to him.

Our paths were unique and our experiences were our own, but our notches were the same. Cut from the same pain. The same pleasure. The same fate.

We were two wheels that shared the same spokes. Spokes that separated us from then and now.

But what happens when someone sets out to destroy those spokes?
When you lose control?

What happens when wheels collide?

This is our story.

And, it's always spinning.

© Copyright 2019 C.N.Delo (cndelo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2186067-Spin---Prologue