*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2194253-The-Pot
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #2194253
Before good morning.
The sun was shining to her eyes between the broken blinds. It was really hard to wake up, but she had no choice. She tiptoed through the hallway, making sure not to wake up anyone. After pushing the buttons for her morning coffee, she saw her reflection from the pot she forgot to wash last night. Trying to avoid the image, she couldn't help but look at herself. who was that woman? who was that tired, fat, ugly, old woman standing in the kitchen?
It was a very long time since she looked at herself, it was a very very long time she has forgotten what she actually looked like. While trying to forget that image stuck in her mind, the smell of the coffee was filling the whole house. For a moment, just for a moment she wanted to look at the mirror in the bathroom wall, but she dint have enough strength to see it. She grab her coffee and step outside for her morning cigarette, she wanted to be done before it starts...
As she as taking the last smoke, she heard his voice. Quickly putting it out, she ran inside. He was starting his day...
"WHY THE CAT IS SCREAMING? CAN'T YOU BE NORMAL FOR ONE DAY? WHY DO I HAVE TO WAKE UP TO THIS EVERY MORNING?"
"I already fed the cat and the dog, I took the dog outside so she...."
"I DO NOT CARE... I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY EXCUSES. I TOLD YOU THIS HUNDRED TIMES"
"...."
"AANNNDDD"
" Nothing, I am just drinking my coffee"
"DON'T JUST SIT AND STARE AT THE WALLS"
" What would you like me to do?"
" I SWEAR I WILL... DON'T ASK STUPID QUESTIONS, WHY YOU HAVE TO PISS ME OFF EVERY MORNING? LISTEN TO ME, GET YOUR SIT TOGETHER, BECAUSE I CAN'T ACCEPT THIS"
"Ok. I will"
He shook his head and left the room.
She sit there for a moment, just for enough time to let go couple of tears in silent. She wiped her eyes and look at the pot sitting in the sink. That woman was still there...
" See... you never listen... You ignore me all these years and look what happened...
" Shut up..."
" Look at me... Look me in the eye... come on...just once... promise I wont hurt you"
" Just go away"
" You need to see it."
First time in years she look in to her eyes, first time in years she look very deep. A lightning strike from the eyes to the hearth. The pain,the horrible pain of reality swirled her body, the flames were melting her soul slowly. She dropped the pot, shaking and panting in tears.
"but... but you promised..."
the women faded away slowly in laughter. while she was on the floor begging for the pain to go away, she heard that sweet voice...
"Are you crying mommy?"
Putting her daily mask quickly back
"of course not sweetie, the soap got in my eye. so,let see how hungry is your tummy because I am going to make your favorite breakfast..."
Another day, another pain, another crack in the heart. She polished her mask with that big smile. She was falling apart every single day, nobody knew... nobody cared...
© Copyright 2019 unforgiven (forgotten.soul at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2194253-The-Pot