*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2205746-SCP-5026---The-Lonely-Planet
Rated: 13+ · Other · Sci-fi · #2205746
Secure. Contain. Protect.
Item #: SCP-5026

Object Class: Unclassified

Special Containment Procedures: While there is no physical way to contain SCP-5026 due to its immense size, all documentation and evidence of its existence outside of Foundation documents is to be disposed of upon finding until further explanation of SCP-5026 is available. However, it is to be under constant surveillance by satellite imaging and by radio frequency recording. All gathered information is to be documented and filed for analysis and cataloging by [REDACTED].

Description: SCP-5026 is an unidentified terrestrial object with a radius of 1.419 Rj (63,036.372 mi). It’s physical characteristics include a deep rust-colored surface of an unidentifiable mineral element and rings, similar to those of Saturn in our own Solar System, that orbit the planet at a 37° angle from the object’s equator and measure 10 Rj (432,300 mi) in diameter. The planet has been declared “lost” as it has been pulled away from its original system by the gravitational pull of another celestial body. However, SCP-5026 has been pulled to a point where that gravity pulling on the planet by the two stars on both hemispheres of the planet are equal, causing it to become tidal locked and remain in one location.

However, that is not what makes this unregistered planet catch the eyes of the Foundation. When it’s gravitational field, radio wave, and electromagnetic output was measured, scientists and researchers were baffled as the radio wave recordings continuously fluctuated at what was an almost seamless pattern. All public record of this information was destroyed, and the Foundation assumed all responsibility of SCP-5026’s research, headed by [REDACTED].

[REDACTED]

After listening to recordings of radio frequency signals emitted by the planet, the scientists responsible for this research were later diagnosed with psychological illness and insanity for inexplicable reasons. Many of the diagnosed claim that SCP-5026 was “calling” to them, and that they could continue to hear the calls long after listening to the recordings. In desperate attempts to escape these calls, of the 13 diagnosed, 9 have attempted suicide, with 5 being successful. This recording has been dubbed SCP-5026-1 and has been locked away in the vault at site [REDACTED] to prevent further unnecessary casualties.

[REDACTED]

Researchers are also working to explain SCP-5026’s fluctuating gravity field. It appears as if the gravity of SCP-5026 is unaffected by the object’s actual physical mass and fluctuates at a randomized pattern, widely varying between gravity similar to the Moon to that of the Sun. The cause for this is unknown, and any attempts to determine a pattern from these fluctuations has resulted inconclusive.



--[FILE UPDATED]--



Item #: SCP-5026-1

Object Class: Safe

Specific Containment Procedures: SCP-5026-1 is to remain in a small safe of reinforced steel within the vault of [REDACTED]. Six guards are to be appointed to the vault, and the vault’s contents are to under surveillance 24/7.

Description: SCP-5026-1 is a dated VHS-type cassette measuring approximately 187 mm in length, 103 mm in width, and 25 mm in height. There is a white label on the front with a title reading “SCP-5026 Calling?”. The date May 2, 2015 is written beneath the title, assumed to be the date of that the recording was made.

Though the object itself can be considered “safe,” the content within is anything but. Upon listening to the recording, which consists of a constant ring that fluctuates in pitch, listeners begin to claim that SCP-5026 was calling to them.

Listeners slowly begin to go mad, claiming to hear the call constantly, even days after listening, and that they could see SCP-5026 in their dreams, whether it be the focus or somewhere in the background of said dreams. In desperation to escape the calls and visions, the majority of listeners will frantically attempt to commit suicide. As of this addition, there have been 27 diagnosed listeners, 18 of which have begun attempting suicide. As of now, all who have attempted have been successful in said attempts. All other diagnosed are currently under careful observation. Observations have resulted in the rough-estimated time between listening and suicide to be approximately 8 hours, regardless of what is done to prolong or delay this inevitability.


The following is a video recording of an interview of a Class D personnel exposed to SCP-5026-1, conducted by Dr.{REDACTED]:

Dr: Good evening, [REDACTED], I'm here to follow up on your tests involving, let me see...SCP-5026.

Patient: [seeming distressed and distant] Doctor...are you here to make it go away?

Dr: Make what go away, [REDACTED]?

Patient: [mutters inaudibly]

Dr: [REDACTED], make what go away?

Patient: The sounds...Can't you hear the sounds? They won't go away...

Dr: [writing on a notebook sitting on the table] I do not hear anything. What do you hear?

Patient: The calling...It won't stop calling...It won't leave me alone...Can't you hear it?

Dr: I can't hear it? Can you explain what it sounds like?

Guard: [entering the room] Sir, we need you to leave the containment cell.

Dr: Not yet, I still have questions.

Patient: [distressed, begins to shake] It wont go way. It won't go away...

Guard: [grabs Dr.[REDACTED]'s arm] Sir, we need to leave...now...

Patient: [in elevated distress, hands over his ears] It won't go away...it won't go away. it won't go away. IT WON'T GO AWAY! IT WON'T GO AWAY!

[At this point the patient is shaking violently and screaming as he begins to panic. Dr.[REDACTED] is removed from the room for their own safety. Recording has been ceased.]
© Copyright 2019 Austyn Dewaele (p0s31d0n at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2205746-SCP-5026---The-Lonely-Planet