*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2212433-Hotel-Maid
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Adult · #2212433
Can a transgender effect other ladies?
Alexis bent over the bed and drew the covers tight. Beds always came last. The quick dusting and counter leaning, followed by vacuuming, which followed the bathroom. Dust would settle on the sheets and covers. The bathroom naturally was the first focus of any maid worth a hoot.

Her garters pulled her stocking tops and her all in one open bottom girdle pressed against her stomach and abdomen. Her feet weren't used to the three inch heels but at least they weren't stilettos! After being in heels so much she wondered if she could ever return to flats.

She stepped out of the room and gently closed the door. She pushed her maid's cart to the next room. Another room, another half hour. She took pride in helping other girls when she finished early. They loved having her on their team as well.

She thought about the waiver she had to sign to get the job. The head of the maid staff and the manager both didn't care for girls like her. They were frowned upon and despised.

She had walked into the woman's office that day prepared for any housekeeping question. Her dress was right; not too short and not too long. Not overly feminine and yet gave an appearance she took her interview seriously.
She smoothed her dress under her as she sat. She made sure her legs were at a forty five degree angle with one foot behind the other. The ladylike qualities lacking in so many girls today.

She had enough experience to get the job. Even her employment history from past jobs showed she was reliable and never took a day off. There wasn't one negative thing anyone could say.

She looked down the hallway and saw Theresa coming towards her. A glance at her watch showed they still had a couple of minutes until lunch.

The manager had asked her all of the questions to test her loyalty to her employers and how she would respond here. She noticed the woman was hoping she would give a wrong answer. Many times the questions were the same and merely worded different. The word games.

Theresa came up and hugged her.

"Hi Alexis. How's it going?"

"I'm having a good day. So far nothing too gross."

"Oh, don't you hate the nasty ones?"

"You know it. Some people. Just can't act like humans."

Theresa smiled and turned to walk away.

"I have to use the girl's room. When I get back we can go to lunch."

"Okay."

Alexis watched Theresa return. She was shocked when she saw the girls who wore the blouse and slacks return to dresses after getting to know her. She was really surprised they like her as they did.

Theresa took Alexis by the hand.

"Let's go."

They went into the break room and sat with the other maids. Joan, Tammy, Sue, Terry and Jane were already there. Alexis smoothed her skirt under her as she sat.

"Girl, you are punctual. I mean, you wait to the last second to come to break."

Joan piped in.

"Yea. You make us feel guilty for coming in a minute early."

Alexis smiled and opened her bag she had waiting. She took out her sandwich.

"Well, I'm paid to do a job. If I want to be in the workforce I have to be a worker."

Theresa handed Alexis a soda as she sat down.

"Yea. You are so girly. You're an inspiration lady."

Sue looked at Alexis. She was one who was slow to accept her.

"I can't believe old Marge made you sign a waiver to wear the old style dresses while we were switching to shirts and pants. That was just mean."

Alexis smiled and took a drink of her soda.

"I don't have any hard feelings. She couldn't accept it. She had to make sure I was who and what I said I was. Actually, I love dresses and lingerie. It's part of being a girl. Not a girl who wants to be a guy."

Tammy laughed.

"You can say that again. That's all we were. A bunch of girls trying to be guys. Isn't it amazing we wanted to be equal but when it came to dressing our sex we rejected it? I mean, we wanted guys to be more feminine and we wouldn't do it our self. Clothing made us think we were like guys."

Sue laughed as she set down her sandwich.

"Well, when I saw what it was to be a girl it opened my eyes. And Tom hasn't let me forget it yet. I swear that man makes me squirm and squeal every night. We had to put a pillow between the headboard and wall. Some men just turn into Neanderthals when we're ladies."

Theresa blushed.

"Well, Jim enjoys it. When I gave up my female pride he introduced spanking to keep me in line. He says the skirts keep my bottom readily accessible for his paddle."

She smiled at the others and winked.

"But, I enjoy my Saturday night spankings. It leads to a great night of sex."

Now Alexis blushed.

"I didn't know I effected you guys that much."

Terry sat down her Coke.

"Honey, you did that more than you'll ever know, girlfriend. My old man has made pants, shirts and any form of male clothing forbidden. He gladly works in the yard and on the house while I do the housework. And, he never hesitates to buy me a new dress or lingerie. Before I had to beg him for a new sports bra."

Jane looked over at Alexis.

"Baby, you made us feel like women again. The way it should be. You opened our eyes to a world of chivalry and submission which is greater than any pair of jeans can ever offer."

Alexis smiled as she blushed.

"Thanks guys. I'm flattered."

A voice came over the intercom.

"Alexis Cantrell, please come to the manager's office after lunch."

Alexis looked at her watch.

"I better go. Who knows what lies in store now?"

Alexis went to the office and knocked on the door.

"Come in."

She walked in and went to the chair in front of Marge's desk, bobbed a curtsy and sat down.

Marge smiled at her. This shocked Alexis. She thought for sure the woman hated her. Maybe she was going to fire her.

"Alexis, I had to call you in to apologize. I had you wrong. The girls all adore you. Because of you they rejected the new uniforms as being too manly. Why, not one of them has complained about anything. You wouldn't realize the time I had with the hotel standard of curtsying for superiors and guests. Now they do it without thinking twice. I really owe you an apology. I hope you can forgive me."

Alexis was shocked. The tiger women apologized and admitted that it was easy to be a girl when a girl was around for inspiration.

"Of course ma'am."

Marge looked embarrassed.

"Alexis, at first I really hated you. I looked for any opportunity to fire you I could find. When I saw the change in my girls and overheard their stories at the breakroom table I started admiring you. I saw you weren't just a pervert or clothes fanatic. I starting seeing the woman I wasn't. What I'm trying to say is that if you want, I'll tear up your waiver. You can wear the new uniform."

Alexis was really shocked to hear her say that.

"No ma'am. I'm a girl. I enjoy girly things. I enjoy the uniform. A maid is a single female servant in subjection to authority by definition. That's what my job is. I don't curtsy as a game ma'am. I curtsy because a maid should curtsy."

Marge looked puzzled.

"What about the others? Unless they know I'm not holding you to your waiver they'll never know you do what you do by choice."

Alexis had to smile. Oh, how much she didn't know about her girls.

"Ma'am, the girls already know. When they asked why I put up with the waiver I told them because it is right for a girl and I'm a girl. If it was just to keep a job I would have quit a long time ago. They gradually agreed and now they enjoy being girls. You don't need to worry about that ma'am."

Marge took a deep breath and slowly stood. Alexis was used to seeing her in her company uniform top and slacks. What she saw shocked her beyond all she had said.

"Honey, the reason I hated you was because you brought to light what I and many other women were fighting. The truth. Reality. That's why I dug out my old uniform skirts and plan to join the ranks of women again. You have won me over. Please forgive me."

Alexis saw the tears in her eyes.

"Gladly, ma'am. Gladly."

THE END
© Copyright 2020 Vicky Vale (vale777 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2212433-Hotel-Maid