*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2212412-Governess
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Adult · #2212412
Maggie resorts to the extreme to save her marriage.
Maggie sobbed as she looked out the window. She was an emotional mess, having ruined her marriage to the man who loved her. Now, on the verge of divorce, she would try anything.

She saw the car pull up. The woman who got out of it looked like something out of a movie. Her white high collar blouse appeared to house a short torso because of the long black skirt which swished about her ankles. Her face was barely visible through the black netting which came down from her hat encasing her face.

Maggie watched as she removed a bag and an item from the car. It appeared to be a stick of sorts. What would she do with that?

Maggie raced to the door when she heard the doorbell. The woman was rather domineering and she didn't want to anger her. She had enough problems. After all, soon she would be single and fighting to keep what little sanity she retained.

The woman walked past her as she opened the door. Maggie closed it and turned around.

"Hello, Miss Janel?"

"When a lady opens the door she curtsies to guests! She doesn't treat them as family!"

The woman set down her bag and took the stick from her belt. Maggie saw it was a riding crop for horses. The woman tapped under her breast.

"Stand straight. Shoulders back. Feet together. You're not a man. The sports bra has to go. Ladies don't do men's activities."

Maggie was shocked as she found herself following this strong woman's commands. Her feminist views had nothing on this woman.
The woman holstered her crop and walked around her, hands in front of her lap.

"My, my. The product of the feminist age. Aren't you a fine example of womanhood? Well, at least the bottom is padded so I see no problems with teaching your husband proper spanking techniques. Well suited for the paddle really. The breasts appear firm enough to fill out a blouse or dress."

The woman opened her bag. To Maggie's surprise she drew out a folded petticoat, blouse, skirt, corset, stockings, shoes and hat. She roughly handed them to Maggie.

"Show me to my room and get changed. Today you throw away all of your clothes. I have an organization which supplies proper female attire. I'm sure I'll have time to gather you a wardrobe while you are cleaning your house. Let's go girl."

Maggie was dumbfounded. She led the woman to the guest bedroom.
The woman strolled around the room inspecting it.

"It will pass, I guess. As woman of the house you may get changed while I put away my clothes and belongings. Then we'll get you spanked before dinner."

Maggie's lips quivered. This was too much, too fast.

"Spanked?"

The woman remained emotionless.

"Yes. Spanked. Something you obviously never received growing up."

She looked around, and then back at Maggie.

"Run along girl. Full attire. Spanking in ten minutes. If you need help with your corset stays call. I don't expect you to be able to tighten them yourself. Your waist measurements will be what your husband cinches you to from now on. Run along."

Maggie struggled to disrobe. The more she tried the more she stumbled. Spanking in ten minutes? Time limits? She was desperate though.

Miss. Janel was just finishing hanging her last skirt when Maggie entered her room. Miss Janel almost felt sorry for the poor girl who was at her wits end. Her corset had one of seven busk clasps fastened.

"Ma'am, I can't get the corset hooked."

"First off, a lady knocks when she seeks entrance to a room. Secondly, she curtsies to all but family and husband. Get over here girl."
Maggie came over and Miss Janel hooked her clasps.

"Turn around and suck in your stomach and abdomen."

Maggie did as she was told and felt the corset tighten around her waist, abdomen, sides and back. She wondered how much pain she would have to endure to be a proper lady according to this woman. Still, it was better than divorce. She had called her as a last resort. She should never have listened to her female friends about taking over her house.

Maggie glanced in the mirror. A beautiful figure was evident. She hadn't had that shape in years. She also saw Miss Janel sit down on her bed with the crop.

"We might as well get that spanking over with. Nothing reminds a proper lady of her actions quite like garters rubbing a nice red bottom."

Maggie hung her head. She might as well get it over with. Her marriage was hanging in the balance. She meekly walked over and placed herself across Miss. Janel's lap. It was so embarrassing.

The first swat caused her to jerk. The second and third stung, but she was ready. The fourth through the twentieth increased from a stinging to a pain.

Maggie whimpered at about the tenth swat and broke into tears around twenty. She fought to control her emotions. The anger and embarrassment of being spanked as a woman, by a woman.

"Oh, yes. The globes quiver nicely. I'm sure your husband will delight in watching them quiver. I will be recommending weekly maintenance spankings, after I establish the minimum amount he should give you."

Maggie bit her lip as the crop landed time and again. Finally Miss. Janel stopped.

"Go get dressed. Since you took your punishment I feel this will work. We have to throw out your clothes. I have a whole wardrobe in my trunk from the measurements you gave me. Run along girl."

Maggie found out what Miss Janel meant as her garters rubbed her bottom with every movement. They did remind her of her punishment. After putting on the three inch stacked heel boots, petticoat, blouse and skirt she looked in the mirror. As she bound up her hair and pinned the hat to her head, she noticed the veil she drew over her face gave her the same Victorian look of Miss. Janel.

Holding her skirts in black, lace gloved hands, she went back to Miss. Janel's room, knocked, entered upon approval and curtsied.
Miss. Janel walked around her.

"Yes, quite an improvement, both in appearance and attitude. I feel your husband will be satisfied by time I am done. Let's go get your new wardrobe. You can put everything away while I start preparing supper. Throw your old clothes in the boxes you take you new stuff out of."

They brought a trunk full of boxes in. Maggie thought it felt weird holding her skirts up to walk while looking through black netting. Still in all, it made her feel more feminine than she had ever felt.

Maggie wondered how she was going to pay for this. Miss. Janel's services and the clothing were going to be expensive. She also wonder what Bill would say. She never told him what she was doing. It was an act of desperation.

"I'm going to start supper. You need to figure out what you will tell your husband when you apologize to him. I'll guide you through a response I feel may touch him to save your marriage. We'll work on proper housekeeping later this week."

Maggie felt like crying. The woman had a heart after all. She curtsied.

"Thank you ma'am."

She curtsied as Miss. Janel left to go to the kitchen.

When Maggie walked into the kitchen Miss. Janel was setting the table. She curtsied to her.

"Can I help ma'am?"

Miss. Janel smiled at her. She was learning.

"No. Your husband should be pulling up any minute. Meet him at his car. Curtsy and gather his lunch box. Apologize for being out of the house and ask him to tarry with you while you explain what we are doing. Bring him in and get across his lap."

She pointed to a leather strap with a wooden handle she had placed on the end table next to his chair.

Maggie curtsied.

"Yes, ma'am."

Maggie saw Bill's car pull up. She wondered what would happen. He had stormed out mad after her foolishness. She opened the door and gathered her skirts to meet him.

Bill shut off the ignition.

He wondered what to say, what to do. He loved Maggie, but she had just changed after listening to her new friends. She just wasn't the same. The heartache was killing him. He'd do anything to save his marriage and keep the girl he loved.

He glanced up at the Victorian woman approaching him. She looked like something out of Gone With The Wind or whatever. The woman drew up next to his car as he grabbed his lunchbox from the floorboard behind the driver's seat.

Bill saw the face behind the black netting. It was Maggie. He saw her curtsy like women of old did.

"Oh, my lord, please don't be mad at me for being out of the house, but I had to meet you and carry in your lunchbox today. Please tarry with me as I explain what I did without asking, accept my apology, and know I will never do anything without my lord's approval again."

Bill was shocked as she curtsied again.

"Uh, okay, I, guess."

Maggie wouldn't even look up at him. She was even surprised to see how much better she felt as she put her pride aside and just became a wife in subjection to her husband.

"Please don't be angry my lord, but I hired a governess to help me overcome my pride to save our marriage. She has said we can afford her services, even though I don't know how. But, it was worth the risk and the coming punishment to do so my lord. I just want to save our marriage."

Bill didn't know what to say. he stood dumbfounded at this girl who just went to the extreme to save their marriage.

"Uh, okay, Maggie. I see. I, uh, don't know what to say."

Maggie took his lunchbox.

"Say nothing my lord. The governess, Miss. Janel, is cooking tonight, so we can come in and I can take my punishment for trying to take over, as well as acting without my lord's approval. Please, come in with me, punish me and Miss Janel will explain as we eat."

Punish her? Bill was confused. Was this the same girl who said if she didn't get a diamond ring for her birthday she was divorcing him?

"Okay. I guess we can do that."

Bill followed Maggie into the house. Maggie wasted no time in taking his lunchbox to the kitchen and returning. She pointed to his chair and the strap, as she raised her veil.

"Let's get my punishment over my lord. I deserve it and you have every right to do it."

Bill didn't know what to say. he came home expecting a divorce only to have this happen. He slowly sat down.

Maggie wasted no time in raising her skirts and laying across his lap.

"If it pleases my lord he may tuck my back garters under the corset to punish me. It adds to the effect when they rub. It reminds a woman of her ways."

Bill looked around. Her red bottom had already been spanked. He saw the woman in the kitchen look over at him.

"She can handle a good thirty swats. Make sure she cries before stopping. She needs to know her place."

"Okay, I guess."

Bill took the strap and did as the woman said. Maggie jerked and squirmed but never complained. He did take out some frustration on her bottom. He was also surprised she never tried to cover her bottom.

Miss. Janel walked over and unhooked Maggie's rear garters. Then she spread her bottom cheeks. Bill wondered what she was doing.

"Focus on the area the garters rub. It's a reminder we women need. Also focus on snapping the end of the strap like you would a towel, between the cheeks. As her globes rub together and her garters rub, she'll know she is a lady, to be controlled, guided, and disciplined for her own good. Sadly men have forgotten that we are designed for the strap. It keeps us in line and safe from our own foolishness. A good, sound maintenance spanking once a week keeps a lady in her place and reminds her not to act upon her own thoughts. By the end of the week I'll have her up to a good sixty or seventy swats for your pleasure. A true lady always keeps her face behind netting, her hands under lace, and the only leather she touches are the shoes on her feet and the strap on her bottom."

Bill was shocked to hear a woman say such a thing. Most felt that equality was best and some even hated men. That was the type who almost ruined his marriage. He resumed and Maggie squirmed. Tears ran down her cheeks as Bill altered at slapping the strap and snapping it in tender areas. Maggie's bottom was quite red when he finished.

Maggie quietly got up and lowered her skirts, curtsied, and stood before him.

"Thank you my lord. As much as I hate to have to say this, I need that from time to time. I should have never tried to tell you what to do. I would appreciate it if you would keep the strap handy and use it often. Never let me forget my place as a lady you can be pleased with. Can you forgive me?"

Bill got up and put his hand around a waist smaller than he ever recalled her having. He didn't care what it cost or how they'd pay. This was the girl he fell in love with. For her to love him enough to submit to this showed that more than any words could say. He kissed her. and held her tight.

"Yes, I can forgive you. You're worth more than anything this world has to offer."

She looked up at him with a reverence he hadn't seen in a while.

"I have but one question for my lord."

"Yes?"

"Might I stand to eat tonight?"

THE END
© Copyright 2020 Vicky Vale (vale777 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2212412-Governess