*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2215208-Exoneration-Too-Little-Too-Late
by Mr
Rated: 18+ · Draft · Emotional · #2215208
A Judge hands out a death sentence, how will that weigh on his psyche.
"All rise for his honor, Justice Anthony Croucher." The bailiff spoke as I approached the bench and sat, the sea of bloodthirsty faces awaiting my verdict.
"We deal in the matter of The State vs Andrew Hubbard." I bellowed, prompting the masses to be seated. "Mr Hubbard, please rise, the Jury has found you guilty for the Rape and Murder of Julia Atkins, in accordance with our constitution it is I who is tasked with deciding and handing down a sentence appropriate to the crime and considerate of it's factors. Due to the pre-meditated and violent nature of the assault and subsequent murder, I, with a heavy heart, sentence you to death by lethal injection. You will await this in housing at the Allan B. Polunsky Unit. Bailiff, escort the prisoner into remand, to await criminal transport. Court is adjourned."
***
"So honey. How was work?" My wife asked me, oblivious to the occurrences of my day.
"Fine." I responded, avoiding such a conversation.
© Copyright 2020 Mr (jamisan101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2215208-Exoneration-Too-Little-Too-Late