*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2230862-A-Villains-Game
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2230862
Mariah gets stuck in a Disney board game against her tactical boyfriend Christopher.
Writer's Cramp Entry
Prompt: You’ve turned into a board game piece/character. Now what?



The air feels different when I breath it in, and my body feels much curvier than I imagined it. In fact, I don’t even have legs, they’re black tentacles. My arms are fatter, and my skin is octopus purple. Oh shit. I’m in the fucking Disney Villainous board game… and I had to choose Ursula of all people. I guess I could have chosen Captain Hook like Chris did. Definitely the more versatile choice.

I wonder if Christopher is in Neverland being chased by Tick Tock. I have fucking Ariel to worry about though. In the distance I see a portal like window, where I can see a giant pirate ship in a beautiful Caribbean like area. Definitely a place I’ve only seen in animated form. Crazy enough though, it looks like those shitty Disney live action films.

I see Christopher, in Captain Hook apparel. His mocha skin actually suits Hook quite well. The wiry look reminds of pictures from when he was fresh out of high school, lean and skinny. The facial hair is very interesting on him, not the striking beard I enjoy stroking. But I guess I’m not fairing much better.

He sees me from the window like portal and looks almost skeptical. “Is that you Mariah?” I don’t smile, but I make a weird expression at him. I never know what it looks like, but he laughs at it anyway.

I’m afraid to say something right now since I’m worried my voice might be two octaves deeper. I do it anyway. “So how does my voice sound, a ha ha ha?”

“It’s a mixture of you and Ursula in all honesty. Love the laugh though, takes me back to watching The Little Mermaid as a kid.”

“Oh boy, well, I guess I’ll just not have to worry about this. Hmmmm, what happens to the winner, you think?”

“Oh I bet it’s like Yugi-Oh where the loser is cast to the Shadow realm for all of eternity.”

“No, no, no. In Yugi-Oh they’ve made it work where they all come back to reality.”

“Well, I guess there’s not much use in worrying about it. We should probably just play the game.

“Alright, if you say so Captain Hook.” He smirks at me. “Your turn.”

He smiles and boisterously announces his move, “I will collect three power, and play ingenious device for 3 power at Mermaid lagoon!” An interesting looking contraption that looks like it could trap a human and catapult them from place to place appears at the Mermaid Lagoon. Just as he said. “Then I will play swashbuckler for 2 power at the Jolly Roger.” A heavy set pirate with a bandana on his head suddenly appears on the once empty pirate ship. “I will now draw and end my turn.

I look at my hands and now see apparitions of the objects that were once playing cards. This must be my deck. I see a token counter in the left of my vision. Interesting. I have five power right now, and I can move from my lair to Eric’s ship or the shore. The palace is however off limits to me in my current form.

For me to win I have to defeat King Triton and get the crown and trident in my possession. I move from my lair to Eric’s ship. There I collect 2 power and play one of my pet eels to the board, they’ll help me spy and trap Ariel and her friend. “For my next action, I’ll play fate on you.”

“Oh, I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” Suddenly the win condition hovers above Christopher’s head ‘Play peter pan, then defeat him at the Jolly Rodger.’ Then it hits me, by playing fate on him, I’m actually helping him.

I draw from his fate deck, hoping, pleading it’s not Peter Pan. Then two apparitions appear near the window to Neverland. Peter pan is an apparition at first, and I see that the other apparition next to him is faded out.
I reluctantly play Peter Pan at Skull Island. “Why thank you kind sea witch.”

“Hmph.” I end my turn and draw more apparition like figures. I try to hide a smile because I have drawn the trident card, while already having the crown in my hand.

Chris is smiling at me with a sly look in his eyes. “That was a good play,” he tips his ridiculous looking red pirate hat, and moves to a different spot on his map. “I will now play Neverland map. Which allows me to unlock skull island, and put Peter Pan on a path to his final destination. I will also use Ingenious device to send Peter Pan to the Mermaid Lagoon.” I see Peter Pan get carelessly tossed from one location to the next.

A few turns later, Ariel has the Trident and my powers are very much limited. Sebastion even became Ariel’s sacrificial lamb, taking her place in the contract she signed. I’m three turns away minimum.

I look over at the window to Neverland and see Chris has his pirate goons set up with cannons ready to fire at Peter Pan. I take a long breath, and sigh. “I end my turn.”

I watch as Chris gives the signal to vanquish Peter Pan. I see green clothing, blood, and dismembered limbs fall like rain into the sea. Not very Disney like at all.

Then Chris looks over at me, first with triumph, then with fear as light engulfs him. He’s gone once the light fades.

I wait for the light to engulf me as well, but nothing happens. Then I see another portal open, and a stout looking queen garbed in a red and black dress with a crochet mallet in her hand is looking at me with fear in her eyes.

I greet my opponent confidently. "Hello stranger, or should I say 'Queen of Hearts,' Care for a fun challenge of wits?"

Word Count: 994 words
© Copyright 2020 Falling Ocean (writealong43 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2230862-A-Villains-Game