*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2241983-Killer-Confrontation
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Mystery · #2241983
Sabiya (FMC) confronts the murder and you find out the who and why.
Loraina sobbed as she tossed the last of Julien’s paperwork into her suitcase it hit her all over again that he was gone, and she out of a job. She looked up as a knock came from the cabin door.
“Sabiya!” She said as she opened it, to find Sabiya standing there, “What brings you here? Shouldn’t you be resting for your wedding?”

“I thought I’d come by to see how you’re doing.”

“Oh, I’m fine. Just trying to figure out my next steps.”

Sabiya nodded. “Yes, I’m sure with Julien gone there will be a lot of people doing that.” She glanced over at Loraina’s suitcase, “Are you going to leave before the wedding?”

“I can’t afford to stay here and since I was Mr. Canier’s guest. I have no place at your wedding.”

“It must be hard.”

“What?”

“Working for someone you’re in love with, but never having that love returned.”

Loraina stopped in her tracks, forcing a laugh as she replied, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Yes you do. and the fact that he chose a man over you, that had to be the final indignation. I mean you knew all of his secrets and the fact that he and some farmer... when you were right there. Just wanting him to notice you.”

“I...I came across the photo’s while I was straitening some papers before the trip. I knew he was using them to blackmail that guy. But, I just got sick I couldn’t face him anymore.”

“But why not quit?”

“I tried, but he refused to let me resign. He said I knew too many of his secrets. He’d made me prepare his vape juice from time to time so I knew how to do it without much risk. I mixed a cherry almond cartridge with some cyanide. I knew it was matter of time.” She burst into tears, “I followed him that night. I saw Jack try to shoot him. I saw him go into the ballroom, he’d planned to frame that werewolf for the theft of the necklace, but he ran into someone who was stealing the wedding gifts. I hear the sound of a fight and the burglar ran past me. I was hidden in some bushes. He’d gotten hurt, and when he took the vape pen out of his pocket, I knew it was a matter of time. It only took a couple of drags, and he was dead.”

“Why put him in the guard’s apartment?” Sabiya asked sitting down in a nearby chair.

“Because I didn’t want some animal to get him.” She sobbed, “I took the necklace from his inner coat pocket and put it in his hand. I wanted to tell you what he’d done.”

Sabiya looked up as the door opened, she hadn’t realized she’d taken too long to give the signal.

Bridger squeezed her shoulder, “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine. Kelos should come in though.”

Bridger nodded and waved for the sheriff to make the arrest.

“I feel sorry for her.” Sabiya said as they led Loraina out the door, “She was so desperate for Julien to notice her.”

Bridger nodded, “Not everyone can be as lucky as we are to have someone.”
© Copyright 2021 LeAnna Shields (mythmystery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2241983-Killer-Confrontation