*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2236335-Unexpected-news
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Drama · #2236335
This is another story beginning, it might be the start of my 4th Mystic Ranch Mystery.
Sabiya’s breath caught in her chest as she stared at the two pink lines on the preganacy test.

“I’m pregnent?” she whispered to herself, her hand coming to rest on her stomach. “How do I tell Bridger?” She sat down on the edge of the tub taking a few deep breaths. They’d arrived at Bridger’s childhood home a few days ago for his grandfather’s funeral and the reading of the will. Of all the times for this news, now was not the time. She jumped when she heard knocking on the bathroom door.

“Honey, are you alright? You’ve been in there a long time.”

She hurriedly grabbed the stick and the box, burying them in the trash as she called, “I’m fine honey, I’ll be out in a minute.” As she walked into the bedroom Bridger lightly grabbed her arm smiling down with his charming lopsided smile.

“You sure you’re alright?”

She reached up running her hand along is chin, a five o’clock shadow was starting to obscure his chinstrap beard, “I’m fine. I guess I
had too much rich food last night. I was a little nauseas.”

His eyes searched hers, “Well you look alright now, but maybe you should get some extra sleep, I’ll let mom know you’re not feeling up to breakfast.”

“Thanks Sweety.” As she slipped back under the covers she touched her stomach again.
© Copyright 2020 LeAnna Shields (mythmystery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2236335-Unexpected-news