*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2242430-Strange-Family
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #2242430
A 16 year old girl finds out a disturbing secret about her family
         
Strange          Family

         
A          292 wourd story By Holly Star

         

         I can't believe how weird my life has become these last few weeks. I'm almost 16 years old and I'm always breaking things that I barely touch and I have this wonderful skin condition which causes grey discoloration and peeling. Needless to say everyone avoids me and I seem to ruin everything around me.
         I walk in my front door and throw my backpack against the wall. It breaks apart with great force and everything goes flying all over the living room.
         "Honey are you arlight?" My mother says running into the room.
         I burst into tears crying out "No! No I'm not alright! I destroy everything I touch... I broke my chair into pieces today just by sitting there and look even my skin issues are getting worse"
         Mother looks sad and desparate as she holds my hands very firmly and glances out the window to see the sun setting and then gazes deeply into my eyes.
         "I have something to show you."
         "Mom...you're really freaking me out."
         She steps back and suddenly hurls over in pain. Her skin seems to be moving and cracking open as it turns dark grey. She screams and it turns into a growl as huge black wings sprout from her back. The monster that is my mother has a rough stone like complexion and she is gasping for air. She slowly looks up at me with glowing yellow eyes. I want to scream but I can't seem to even make a sound let alone move a muscle.
         "There is no reason to be frightened dear but it's time you know the truth. We are Gargoyles."
         I suddenly feel sharp pains up my arms and down my back as my vision blurs from the pain.





© Copyright 2021 HollyStar (hollystar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2242430-Strange-Family